DATELINE Tonight: Adults prowling the Web to meet children

by sf 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

'Dateline' to air Perverted Justice sting

You remember the guys at Perverted Justice. They troll chat rooms acting like kids and get perverts to send them pictures -- which they post online.

Tonight Dateline teams up with Perverted Justice to convince the chat room predators to show up at a house -- where cameras are waiting. It will be interesting to watch how Dateline conducts the sting, given all the lawsuits and controversy after local TV stations pulled the same stunt.

And an added twist: a Dateline press release says some TV producer showed up at the house and then claimed he was there to "do research." Riiight. UPDATE: Dateline conducted the sting with the cooperation of neighbors and police. They only disguised the identity of one man who was mentally ill.

[ scroll down ]

sKally

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

They should make this a regular TV show. Sad. I'm amazed that in the promo they show some of them stuck around to actually talk.

• banished1
    banished1

Powerful!
    I hate what is going on!
    All the poor children caught in a web of death and terror!

I've heard the thought expressed before: Jehovah would have to apologize to the people of Noahs day if he didnt also bring an end to this perverted generation!

• joelbear
    joelbear

its such a shame that children cannot be safe

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

What I find a shame is that there are adults out there that are stupid enough to do this stuff. Don't they pay attention to the news? Its natural selection.

I am not a big fan of programs that feel like entrapment either...but I guess you either have to be really looking to have an unhealthy relationship with a child, or just be really, really stupid, to get caught in this.

• banished1
    banished1

This is off topic, but about the sex trade....
    Did anyone else see Oprah and the discussion of the Natalie Holloway case, the girl missing from the island of Arruba?
    I was shocked to hear they now feel she was abducted and sold into the sex slave trade.

Where is humanity going????????

This is huge and shocking!

There is so much cruelty and evil destruction of beautiful life!

• desbah
    desbah

hi banished1,

I did see that Oprah segment on child sex trade and human trafficking...that was some powerful information and very heartbreaking about how children as young as 6 yrs. old are force to sell themselves mainly in Southeast Asia. Many young boys and girls are being smuggled into the U.S.daily. Girls on the average serve 30 johns a day. I cried when Oprah showed how some girls were rescued from their horrid life.

At the end of the segment Oprah ask her audience to go to her website http://www.oprah.com and send pre-witten letters to their congressional representatives or write their own letters to support a bill going through congress to deal with this important issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit