thinking positively - what is the best thing that happened to you or ...

by Crumpet 53 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I asked this girl who I met at originally at Hooters to name three things that would make me want to get to know her better. For me to talk to someone in a way that even resembles this I'd hope that there would be something exceptional about them. Some type of awareness. I think we'll make good friends. These were her answers:

1~I have five other sisters all real and we all look alike.
    2~I am addicted to the toy claw machines filled with stuffed animals.
    3~I would love to be a missionary.

It wasn't the responses. It was that she responded. I got away from a cop and thus avoided a ticket. That was awesome.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I finally was able to get the remaining vomit out of my mouth after the "jehovahs_roofin" blog stopped accepting new posts. I've never read so many predictable posts at one place in my life. It's funny how jw's can start a sentence and I can finish it without reading further.(Gawd, I can't believe I used to respond the same way!)

Ooops! Sorry, I guess that could be construed as a negative - sorry Crum. Umm, let's see. My wifey came by my office today and we went to eat at a Lebonese restaurant.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I had lunch with a long time friend, have'nt seen in a while

and was able to get caught up, a bit. I was pleased.

• twinflame
    twinflame

I started and completed a project that I've been putting off for 3 months now. Sad part is that it only took me 2 hours. Will I ever learn?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I started and completed a project that I've been putting off for 3 months now. Sad part is that it only took me 2 hours.

Heh, exactly the same here. I finally got that damn garage cleaned out before winter came. Now we can park in there once again!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Great thread Crumpet!

Today I cuddled my husband when we first woke up. Then our lovely boy (doggie) jumped on the bed and we cuddled him. When I got home from work, we sorted some stuff out and were excited over the Sky Plus that was delivered today. I set the TV to tape lots of interesting documentaries and films - and hubbie set it to tape all his sports stuff.

Later I played my piano. Cordelia who posts here gave me some music and I wanted to master it so I played tonight as practice for half an hour.

All in all, a great day. I feel very lucky on days like this.

Sirona

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sirona - thanks for posting. I am dead envious of your comfortable confidence! I hope next time we meet I get more time to be not too shy to talk to you. I love cuddles in the morning too - it just sets me up for a better day all round.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I woke up alive this morning and my VoIP phones were working. Two nights ago my phones quit working. I woke up the next morning and finally figured out the problem, I had a bad phone. I went to Big Lots and bought a new one for $8.00 and now all three are working fine, after I reset the router.

Ken P.

The cable guy installed the cable computer voip telephone right.
    I got mine in the mail and had to install it myself.
  • coffee_black
    coffee_black

My son called. He just moved from Florida to Virginia... (his girlfriend is from Virginia.) He got there last Tuesday, and had a job interview on Friday. He got the job...Junior Project Manager for a commercial Construction Co. They hired him on the spot....starting at $50,000. a year.and there are bonuses too! He is soooo psyched! He's only 24! He has 3 more semesters before he has his degree in Computer Science, and they are going to be flexible so he can finish his degree.

Here's the kicker... he told me last night that during the negotiations, they offered him more than that...and he said he would rather they start him at the lower end of their budget because he wanted his salary to be performance based, and wants the opportunity to prove himself.

There are moments as a parent that you just sit back in awe... this is one of those moments...

Coffee

• Ellie
    Ellie

My little baby girl has been a bit poorly for a few days with stomach cramps, she was crying earlier and wouldn't take her feed, so I bought her some medicine (gripe water) and it worked a treat, it was so good seeing the relief on her face, she guzzled her bottle and went straight to sleep, definately the highlight of my day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit