Disfellowshipped / Disassociated

by atypical 25 Replies latest jw friends

• atypical
    atypical

As far as I am aware, they just started doing this new announcement a few months ago. About a year ago, two people in our hall were disfellowshipped, and they announced, "So and so has been disfellshipped." Then, several months later, a letter was read about someone else:"So and so is no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses". I checked around with witnesses I know and they all said it has been similar in their congregations.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Check your Organized to Do Jehovah's Will book. On page 154 bottom paragraph it states "When it is necessary to disfellowship an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation, a brief announcement is made, simply stateing: "[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." There is no need to elaborate. This will alert faithful members of the congregation to stop associating with that person. (1 Cor. 5:11)"

Sounds like many congregations are not keeping up with there reading of approved reading material.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I should've thought twice before questioning Reverand Gumby. I humbly beg forgiveness, though I deserveth it not.

(Still though, wasn't there a big dealie over this whole "new announcement" stuff?!? I was DF'd under the "new annoncement", I even called the chairman of my committee and asked specifically if it they used the new announcement or the old one. "It was the new one," he said. [I wonder if he ever asks himself why I cared?])

Hmmm... I withdraw my repentance. I Unpent? Dispent? Is this the season of my dispent?

Misspent. Now THAT covers me...

Dave of the "announce it however you like... I'm gone!" class

• atypical
    atypical

Thanks for the info. I did not realize it was in print. That new organization book came out when, about a year or two ago? So you're right, I guess the brothers in my hall weren't caught up with the new light.

I guess I can't expect it to make sense. Basically they have removed some of their liability but none of ours, right?

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Organized to Do Jehovah's Will

Copyright 2005

Released at local KH's early April.

• atypical
    atypical

Ok, so it is just a few months old.

Thanks, inbyathread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest