Embarassing Situations on stage

by Candlestick02 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Dad had a part on stage and had all the young ones up there -- which at the time wasn't many and so he had to use LITTLE kids.

Yeah, my daughter's first "meeting part" was when she was about five or so. One night the call went out for kids to come up on stage with the CO and list specific things they thanked Jehovah for.

All the other kids thanked Jojoba for food and water and mommy and daddy, over & over down the line...

But she was in kindergarten and the class had a tarantula in a little terrarium. She was fascinated with it. So, when the CO asked her, "What do you thank Jehovah for?" She answered, "Spiders!"

That brought down the house.

Afterward, though, she burst out crying because she had meant to say "Tarantulas!" I mean, she knew the right name and everything!

Strangest thing, though - she's arachnophobic today!

gently feral

• thom
    thom

I remember once on a service meeting part I was asking questions and I called on somebody and the guy running the mics just stood there so I said his name, "Brother ****... Brother ****... BROTHER ****!" That seemed to wake him up. He was pretty embarrassed.
    Another time I was supposed to have a demonstration, but the sisters weren't there. I don't remember exactly what I said but it came out sounding like I had planned people to come up and perfom something kinky. I didn't mean it to, but that's how it sounded, even to me. Well the audience was a mixture of giggles and stern stares. I do remember what I said right after that, "Well, I'll just continue then..."

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i was just an ass hole.. i used to improv the demonstrations on stage... i loved being the house holder and one time, i made the kid doing the presentation cry...

i figured lets put him oon the spot cuz he ws the congregations favorite boy... so when he finished his presentation, i said i wasnt interested... he just looked at me like oh shit, he forgot the lines.. and then hes like oh but theyre good... again i told him no... and it went on on and on and he had tears in his eyes, and finally i gave uin, but said just cuz i dont want u to cry...

damn elders didnt like it... two more hours with two of those retardss.....

the infamous one

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Once I was supposed to be giving a demonstration with 3 of my friends, two of whom were brothers. Well, when the younger brother was saying his lines, the older brother was very quietly mocking him under his breath. The other sister and I started cracking up, and within seconds, all 4 of us were laughing so hard we were crying. My father was the person giving the talk...he wasn't amused. We never got it back together, and had to just walk off the stage, still laughing. Ooo...my dad was pissed.

• Jordan
    Jordan

I was on crutches, fell over and took the microphone stand with me...

• xjwms
    xjwms

This is not embarassing but, ....

I was out in service, when a brother asked if I wanted to visit his grandmother, and read an aticle with her. Looking for easy time we went.

She offered us orange juice, from the frig, and we read & drank. After a while, I was feeling NO PAIN.

I did not know she never used water to cut the frozen juice, but, vodka. We were way to buzzed up to continue on calls.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

One sister was doing a mag demo and began her presentation..."I'm ______ and this is my friend ________" She looks to her side to introduce her partner and no one is there. She was so into her presentation that she'd forgotten she didn't have anyone with her!
    tall penguin

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    so when he finished his presentation, i said i wasnt interested... he just looked at me like oh shit, he forgot the lines.. and then hes like oh but theyre good... again i told him no... and it went on on and on and he had tears in his eyes, and finally i gave uin, but said just cuz i dont want u to cry...

hahahahaah oh man i can just picture the sarcasm in your voice as you said, "just cuz i don't want you to cry..." hahaha that was a rare LOL for me!

bethel

• Legolas
    Legolas

My family and myself were on the stage with an elder at a convention as 'A good family example', anyway, I screwed up my line ( The words just wouldn't come out because I was so nerveous..LOL) that I just said..... 'WEEEEEEE, I have a rented tongue today!' out loud. I said that I would NOT go on stage again!

• twinflame
    twinflame

I remember when the Bible Story book came out and the CO used to make a point of including little kids in parts when he came to visit. Having a pile of little kids at the time, my outspoken children were always called on. One time he was pointing to a picture (I don't remember which one) and asked what the picture was. My 4-year-old son raised his hand and spoke loudly into the mike, "It's a baby suckin' on its mama's tit."

Oh yeah, people were howling and I was under my chair. I don't know where he picked that up from, honest. People remembered that for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit