What if they're right after all?

by Honesty 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The same with the elements of faith that you mention . It will become evident , given time, don't worry just let realisation take its course. BluesBrother

It did back in November 2004 when I had a 'Damascus Road' experience. As soon as I begged Jesus' forgiveness for my sins and especially for worshipping the Watchtower Society instead of Him the realisation became just that, reality.

• mdb
    mdb
    No religion that has ever visited it's ugly face on this planet has ever been able to demonstrate the validity of their after-life promises and/or expectations...albeit that they reluctantly must admit that all living things cease to have a physical existence. How many of the "anointed" who have died, even those whom you might have very personally known, have ever bothered themselves to come back to you and said "Here I am!!!!" I've known dozens of them, some as comrades, and nary a word.

So, to the point: I can talk out of my orifices all I want about what the future holds, and yet not one person on this planet (including Jesus Holy Christ Himself);has ever demonstrated, beyond any doubt, that there is anything other than Death awaiting the Human Organism.

Elijah was taken up in a whirlwind. He didn't even experience a "physical" death. Where do you think he went? According to God's word, directly to heaven. 2 Kings 2:1 says, "And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind , that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal."

Jesus rose from the dead and there's an empty grave to prove it. The scriptures (the very words of God) testify to the resurrection, and God does not lie.

In Matthew 22:29-32 Jesus says, " Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham , and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. " So, first of all, if Jesus said there is a resurrection when there is not, then he lied and was not without sin and hence, able to be the sacrifice for our sins. Secondly, since God is not the God of the dead, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are obviously alive though they died physically.

Jesus was not the only one to rise from the dead. In Matthew 27:52,53 it says, " And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

In the scriptures, we read of an account where Moses and Elijah appeared and spoke with Jesus. Mark 9:4,5 says, " And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias." I suppose then, Moses and Elias (Elijah) are both quite alive though they physically died.

1 Corintians 15:12-14 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead , how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead ? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Beside this, the Watchtower belief that the soul is not separate from the body (and dies with the body) is erronous. The scriptures teach differently.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Beside this, the Watchtower belief that the soul is not separate from the body (and dies with the body) is erronous. The scriptures teach differently.

The most disturbing part of it all is that a lot of my JW friends believed the WT lies until they stepped into eternity.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

WHAT IF

IF ONLY

thoughts that mostly drive people nuts rather than help them in any noticable way....

what if muslims are right, buddhists, siks[?] rastaferians jews, hindus, jains, atheists.... on and on it can go...

but how can trust a god who damns those who honestly saw no reason to believe and honestly lived as best they could with what they understood and learned?

who can trust a god who judges people by a standard he eternally knew to be false to reality? he created a ruler which was arbitrary and compared to to a universe he foreknew to be incompatible and that is our fault?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Oh please.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Let go.

GBL

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Jesus Christ Is Comin' To Town

NJM October 2005

Oh you better watch out
    You better not cry
    You better not pout
    I'm tellin' you why
    Jesus Christ is comin' to town!

He's makin' a list,
    Checkin' it twice;
    Gonna find out who's naughty n' nice.

He sees you when you're sleepin'
    He knows when you're awake
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for Jesus' sake!

With pestilence-plague and lunatic rage
    Rippin a hole in the fabric of space
    Jesus Christ is comin' to town

He sees you when you're sleepin'
    He knows when you're awake
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for Jesus' sake!

You better repent
    You better believe
    You better tell Christ
    You're a sinner n sleaze

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

What if...
    It doesn't matter who is right? Or what if nobody is? What if all that really matters is what is in our hearts, and not what is in our minds?

• heathen
    heathen

You know what ? That's really a very good question . I don't lose any sleep over it myself because I rest assured that religion is a load dogma anyway . We look thru history and most religions were confident that they alone had the "truth" at some point , it just seems here in the last couple of decades that religions feel that there are many different roads to salvation . I think jesus said that the road to salvation was cramped and narrow and few are the ones finding it .So you take your pick out of those statements . I believe in God but don't like religion because of the hierarchy involved and the holier than thou type atmosphere and the lack of humility from those that take those positions . I really have not tried alot of religions so just speaking from having watched televangelists hussle people , like send me some money and God will somehow bless you .. Yadda Yadda . Meanwhile they have more than they need to begin with and will even show pictures of starving people so to get you to send them money . Most are set up as not for profit organizations so all that means is that they aren't accountable and cannot be audited .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit