Weekend with the "friends".

by jeeprube 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Well my wife and I just endured a long weekend with her parents and extended JW family. I've had about all of the stomach turning JW rhetoric I can stand for a while. In the interest of sharing my pain, here are a few select quotes for the rest of you.

"Wow, I guess you don't have your Watchtower library out because you use the CD, right?"

"Where else would we go? There's nothing out there, where else would we go?"

"Just hold on brother, Jehovah's gonna fix you up real soon."

In response to a conversation I initiated about cults, which included a detailed explanation about Jim Jones and his followers mass suicide, my JW sister in law replied, "I just don't see how some people can become so brainwashed."

And now my personal favorite, the same sister in law explained to us that she had been given rohipnol, the date rape drug, by her dentist. She elaborated that it supposedly makes it impossible to lie. The elder sitting next to her laughed loudly, and said "Wow, that's what we need in Judicial Committee meetings! Come on brother, tell us everything!"

That's all I can stand to relate. Pardon me please while I slither off to puke in the toilet.

• kls
    kls
    "I just don't see how some people can become so brainwashed."

Just sitting here chuckling about this one Lets see , does a Brainwashed person know they are Brainwashed ,,,,,,,,lol

Sounds like you had a fun time ,lol Well it's over now and you have great stories to tell

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:"Wow, that's what we need in Judicial Committee meetings! Come on brother, tell us everything!"

Joking about using the date rape drug in Judical Committee meetings. This motherf*cker has brutalized the lives of everyone he's been a part of disfellowshipping. And he's joking about using the date rape drug in Judical Committee meetings. Human garbage.

GBL

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

GBL, I couldn't agree more! I just sat there in total shock when he said it. The more I'm around these people, the more they convince me that they're unholy, misled, brainwashed, idiots!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

damn... I thought I had it bad with my mum's innuendos.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    She elaborated that it supposedly makes it impossible to lie.

Too bad somebody in the kitchen at Bethel couldn't have spiked the GB's grub the last 50 years.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I also agree with GBL. I haven't been out long, but reading stuff like that strengthens my reslove never to go back.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

HILARIOUS! I AM SITTING HERE IN A STUDY ROOM HOLDING BACK THAT LAUGHTER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit