Society relaxes requirements for the third time for international conventio

by ocsrf 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

The international convention can now be attended by those who are only 19 and in good standing.

This is the third time the Society has relaxed their requirements for those attending. Very unusual, I guess they could not fill the rooms.

OC

• blondie
    blondie

It is fairly expensive, several thousand dollars per person. Few regular pioneers can swing that and even Bethelites have to be underwritten by family or someone in the congregation.

It is just those families/individuals who are earning big bucks that can swing it, the materialistic, less godly ones, you know.

Blondie

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

What is the point of going anyway? Why is the WT lowering requirements? Do they make a profit out of this, or is the package made by independent tour operators.

Is is a good will gesture, or a feel good gesture on behalf of the WT, to have foreign delegates?

• blondie
    blondie

Bingo, TS.

or is the package made by independent tour operators

JWs, of course.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Hmmmm....I went to an international convention when I was 14 back in the mid 80s.

Since when did they have an age required on who can go to the international conventions???

• blondie
    blondie

Well, under 18, they would have to be with a legal guardian anyway. Maybe 19 is for JWs on their own.

I was 20 when I went on an international trip.

Blondie

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    It is just those families/individuals who are earning big bucks that can swing it, the materialistic, less godly ones, you know.

Good point, made me laugh witht that one.

I think they were hoping for more mature ones with many years of experience, but I guess now they will settle for whatever they can get.

Perhaps if they open it to inactive ones, I can GO...LOL

OC

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I'm assuming that anyone NOT in good standing finds meetings/assemblies/conventions/witnessing utterly boring and resent it anyways.

I bet they don't give a flying toss about going to international conventions!

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Your right, if I did ever get to Europe, I certainly wouldn't spend my time sitting on hard seats having to hear what they have to say.

OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit