SECRECY, Pros and Cons...UBM's, I'm asking you

by jgnat 63 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat

Another private contribution.

1. Are you open with your partner about your participation on this board?

NO!

2.Do you hide your reference materials from your partner?

Yes! I used to leave out various things in the first six months after I outed myself to her but it became counter productive to do so.

6. If your partner is aware of your anti-JW activity, how do they react?

Shame and dismay that I could leave Jehovah and be so negative about JW life and teachings. It’s not so much anti JW activity though, I don’t do anything for it or against it other than make sure anyone who is not a JW and questions me on them learns the real truth.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Another (late) contribution:

Here is my lame attempt at these great questions. Do you think I've just been dealing with this too long?

1. Are you open with your partner about your participation on this board?

He knows I frequent here. I have probably over 100 bookmarks to different threads in MY favourites. I keep all my stuff on my own identity. I don't really view or post while he's around, which means I have tons of time if I want.

If he accidently reads something tho, oh well.

I mention that "I'm doing my study" on Sat. or Sun. mornings - (thanks blondie)

or I'll mention something that happened to one of my "on-line' friends. This works against me of course - I'm fraternizing with the enemy!

2. Do you hide your reference materials from your partner?

I keep the psychological stuff put away. Not the WT stuff. I have some old WT books that I'll research (ha) with and leave a page open.

Like the old Aid Book - LOL old light. I like the leave the babylon book out too.

I used to leave it all out and about, but lately I've decided to not WASTE so much of my time researching the drivel. It all comes back to the same thing - CRAP! I now know what it means when old-timers say it literally makes them sick.

3. Have you had any close calls, and if so, describe them?

don't really recall, except for "close the windows quick" thing - just being polite. Like when the teenagers close msn windows cause I might see that there is swearing - OMG!

4. If you are secretive about your anti-JW activities, do you plan on coming clean with your partner at some time?

not so much, see above, but I'm very protective of my anonymity on the board and lately I got the feeling like my identity had been compromised.

Took quite awhile to realize that keeping myself alone in this only perpetuated the problem.

one of my mottos - for evil to thrive, good people do nothing.

5. If you do plan on coming clean, when do you anticipate doing so?

I will answer anything at anytime. I am not ashamed or trying to hide anything. My stand has always been "lets shine the light!" & "truth has nothing to hide". This of course leaves me without the luxury of open conversations at home. Everything must be censored in case I OFFEND. (nobody cares that I AM OFFENDED)

I am proud of the fact that I can tell the difference between

intolerance of another's faith

and intolerance of bad & irrational behaviour.

There is quite a difference - one that most active JWs that I know seem to want to ignore. They have a hard time with the shoe on the other foot, or what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

6. If your partner is aware of your anti-JW activity, how do they react?

hates it, yet doesn't consider that his pro-JW activity has an effect on me

7. Any stories to share?

I was thinking of testing the intolerance theory one day.. Would we be able to drive together to the next assembly - he go inside with the brief case - I stay outside with my picket signs & pamphlets. Then we can go for a nice dinner after before the long drive home.
  • jgnat
    jgnat

I especially like THIS:

I am proud of the fact that I can tell the difference between

intolerance of another's faith

and intolerance of bad & irrational behaviour.

• SomeGeek
    SomeGeek

Althogh we "broke up" we are still freinds...*rolls eyes*. none the less

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit