Thick, stupid people and FIRWORKS

by Sam the Man 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Is it just me or does anybody else HATE fireworks?

Right now in UK, it's getting close to Nov 5, 'bonfire night', a celebration of Guy Fawks attempt to blow up parliament. Question... why do some idiots let fireworks off for one week prior and a full week after Nov 5? Why waste your money?!? You may as well get a load of cash, burn it, then throw it up in the air. What a waste of friggin money. It really spooks my dog as well. I feel like going round to every house letting them off and smacking whoever answers the door right in the chopper.

Rant over.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You should be in Honolulu on New Years' Eve.

Especially....had you been there on Dec. 31, 1999, you would have known the TRUE MEANING of fireworks. It was insane!!! People were even shooting them off of freeway pedestrian overpasses. It was a WAR ZONE!

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Oh yeah, I dont mind it so much on New Years Eve... I mean, you can expect it. But for a full week before and after... thats annoying. I dont hate fireworks, in the right place.

• Carol
    Carol

I've got an idiot neighbor that starts his independence day celebaration the last day of June and goes at it every night until the 7th or 8th of July! I don't even want to tell you what New Years is like. Try dealing with a 115 lb. Rottweiller cowering in bed next to you and two 5 lb. chihahaus' hiding under your pillows! I'd like to stick a 1/4 stick up his you know what and light it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I thought you were going to talk about people who let fireworks explode in their hands.

When we were kids my brother lit a Black Cat so he could throw it like the rest of us were doing... but the instant he lit the fuse he just FROZE.

A few seconds later.... well you you know what happened.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thick, stupid people should not play with fireworks.

I love to watch them when they are done by professionals on the holidays or whatever.........but don't like thinking that some of the people in my neighborhood who spend a fortune on them are on assistance. The money could be better spent buying other things for their kids.

Then there are the accidents. Here is a news clip about an accident that happened in my neighborhood just this morning. It is about 10 blocks away from me and after asking my friend who lives next door to the people.......it turns out that he was playing with an M100 from what they knew. The report on TV kind of exagerated about an "EXPLOSIVE".............but the poor kid (stupid people and fireworks) still had his hand blown apart.

PITTSBURGH -- An 18-year-old Maryland teenager is in Mercy Hospital after being injured in an explosion inside a West Mifflin house Sunday morning.

(name of the kid removed by me) aunt said her nephew lost part of his hand when a partial stick of dynamite he was holding exploded in the bathroom of her Pennsylvania Avenue home. The aunt said (name removed) condition has been upgraded from critical to stable.

The Allegheny County Fire Marshal is investigating.

HappyDad

• John Doe
    John Doe

Fireworks rock!! Flame, noise, smoke, car alarms going off, chicken**** dogs running for their mommies, what's not to love? :-)

• david_10
    david_10

I only have 2 pet peeves and people shooting off illegal fireworks is one of them. I can't understand why fireworks are even sold to to the public when not 1 person in 50 (and that's a conservative estimate) has a legal place to use them. I can't understand why the law allows people to celebrate Independence Day with alchohol and fireworks. A real bad combination. Talk about thick and stupid. Carol, I know exactly what you mean---------------------------We have some some neighbors who do the same thing. They started a six-alarm fire in the alley one year and burned down a small house. I used to call the police on them every year, but they never help, so I gave up. For the sake of my sanity, I just go to a motel on July 4 weekend and get away from it all. For the life of me, I can't understand it.

David

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are fireworks producers, wholesalers and retailers that make a lot of money out of them as far as they are concerned the more people use them the better it is for their profits.

Perhaps some of these fireworks manufacturers have influence with key government officials.

• under74
    under74

mmm...this is why I hate 4th of July. I don't mind the food and some people waiting to light fireworks for a couple hours at night......BUT the convicted pedophile that lives across the street gets on his roof (dried out trees and bushes all around mind you) to light fireworks a week before the 4th....and he tends to wait until 11-12pm to do it. And he's alays half naked...the nasty bastard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit