Have WTS officials read CoC and/or other material?

by AvailableLight 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

What are your thoughts? Have the officials of the WTS read CoC? Do you think or feel that they read "apostate" material regularly?

• Francois
    Francois

Yep. I'd be willing to bet that they've read it. Pored over it. Had their attorneys pore over it, looking for something actionable.

On their deathbeds, they will be like W.C. Fields, reading the bible looking for loopholes.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Of course they have. What's more, they obviously could not find any false statements, otherwise, they would have slapped a lawsuit against Ray, the publisher and anyone else involved.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• Room 215
    Room 215

I know they have.. what's more they have a little bookshelf devoted to them. My source: a long-time Bethel buddy who made it to the writing department before he split.

• philo
    philo

If for no other reason, I reckon they have all read Franz's books out of personal vanity. I know in their places I'd read it!

philo

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

Didn't want this to die just yet.

Resurrecting...

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

For me, it's somewhat hard to believe, but at the same time, the points made here are well taken.

What changes in doctrine (if any) do you think have come as a direct or indirect result of Ray's and other's books?

I won't pretend to know any individuals on the GB well as I do not. However, I've been acquaintances with one member and find it difficult to believe that at least some wouldn't be moved to question, just as we have, WT dotrine. Maybe they are just to caught up in the machine. Maybe they choose to ignore it, suppress doubts and fears.

What do you think will happen as some of the older members pass away and the non-anointed are forced to step in?

Judging by many recent articles and talks and the DC this year, it doesn't appear that much change is on the horizon, at least to me. Although things can and do often happen overnight, so I guess time will tell...

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

They most certainly do! Check the August 1 AWAKE for proof positive...

• Celia
    Celia

Please tell us, who do not get the Awake or Watchtower :
    What was said there ?

• sf
    sf

Hi Bx,

Could you please scan what you are referring to, please? Some of us DO NOT subscribe.

I'm curious if there might be a site with listed articles as they are printed. Wonder why WTBTS doesn't already have their mags scanned for those who CAN'T get to meetings yet CAN read them on the net. Like what Randy does with his journal. Just why aren't the magazines on the net, provide by the Society? And don't say it's the money...it could'nt be. hahahaha

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit