Being Rich or Poor in the Org, did it make a difference?

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The Witnesses will say that they treat everyone alike, no matter what color they are, or what nationality they are or even how rich or poor a person is.

Being Rich or Poor in the Org, did it make a difference somewhere?

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, blatantly, showing up the KH in an old car, while 90% of the rest of the cars there are Mercs, BMWs and Porsches... Yeah, you get looked down upon for not fitting in...

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

In my former cong. the families that had money had a higher status than the poor ones. They would get together and go on cruises and take ski trips. None of the poor ones went or were even invited as far as I know.

• Jordan
    Jordan

Same here, and from what I can remember, there wasn't any elder's that were from poor families in my congo either...

• JH
    JH

I guess that those better off financially had a better chance of finding a spouse.

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

I agree with unbeliever,more money higher stats in the org.Trips,vacations,you name it they did it but none of the poor people were ever invited.Money definetly made you popular or not!

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

So much for there unconditional love!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In my experience the richer ones were always looked up to and the poorer ones looked down on

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

It's all about the 3p's Power Prestige P*&%#

• Jordan
    Jordan

I guess it should be expected from such a rich organisation, the wealthy will always bes treated better because they can pump more funds back into the bOrg...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit