All the things I disagree with

by PoppyR 5 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Last night I sat down and wrote a list of all the things I have disagreed with ..sometimes silently sometimes loudly over the years, some of these are.. Yoga, mediation, hypnosis (all of which I have done, enjoyed and benefited from and none of which have cleared my mind) Oral sex (no comment ) vasectomy.. yep that's done. Tattoos.. both got those. Women and trousers, and other dress codes (ie a brother must wear a jacket to do the microphone... even when it's mid July) the list was much longer, but it suddenly struck me, that all these things were rules of men, NONE of them are in the bible. (Ok I know tattoos are, but I feel the scripture is misinterpreted, it was referring to marks of other gods) Why did it never occur to me before? I've NEVER understood the birthday thing and it killed me as a child, and even when my boys were little and I was practising I always made a special day out of their birthday, ie going out for a meal or something, it just feels WRONG not to! Christmas I can well understand and happily live without.

On another note.. got stopped by a Mormon in the town today, he asked me if I was religious.. I said "I used to be a JW".. and as I walked away I almost hopped skipped and jumped, first time I've said it out loud, and it felt GOOD.

Poppy xx

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    first time I've said it out loud, and it felt GOOD

Thanks for letting us smile with you over that!

Dave

• anglise
    anglise

Hi PoppyR

welcome to JWD.

You certainly arent wasting any time in running out of dubland.

I hope it continues going well for you.

Anglise

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

.....I said "I used to be a JW".. and as I walked away I almost hopped skipped and jumped, first time I've said it out loud, and it felt GOOD.

Yes poppy, a lot of us on here know that feeling, I still get a kick out of telling people that

Welcome to the board, great to see a fellow East Midlander here

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I said "I used to be a JW"..

Have you ever really watched a person's face while you tell them the above?

The last person I told looked shocked and then pleased that another escaped the madness (and probably relieved that I won't show up on their doorstep with a couple of magazines)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mine were blood and "women are lesser vessels".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit