a By the love they have among themselves

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I dont know the Hebrew word for Fake love....but this is the love that I have seen over and over again.

Last year my nephew married a sister from our hall. This young man is a good hearted person and saved himself for marraige. Looking back now in hindsight, I dont think this sister was a virgin but I think she pretended as though she was one.

The first year was troublesome. Apparently, she grew fond of a man she worked with and began pursuing that relationship. My nephew knew something was going wrong in the marraige and approached an elder and requested that a private study be set up with his wife because she was suffering from spiritual weaknesses.

The elder responded by saying, "well since your wife is baptized, its uuuuummm going to hard to find a sister who will study with her.....ummmm, because you know they wont be able to count their time. I'll see what I can do."

Well, the elder never got back with him, and eventually, his wife gave in a committed adultry, over and over again. They are now going through a divorce. She got disfellowshipped but they all blamed my nephew because his parents are considered apostates. (they are just sure that has something to tdo with it) Makes me sick. Then to top things off, his ex-wife's mother told her daughter to take him for everything she can get because he ruined her life. Her mother is also a sister in the congregation. Can anyone say "gold digger"

My nephew was at the Kingdom Hall and sister blabbermouth was gossiping about his marraige saying, "I knew that marraige was never going to work from the beginning" What she did not realize was my nephew was in ear shot. He then approached her and said "excuse me, I would appreciate your not gossiping about my marraige" then he walked away. She got all hooty tooty.

My nephew now refuses to go to the hall. I cant believe I ever wasted 15 years of my life with blinders on. Luckily, he is getting out while he is young.

• upside/down
    upside/down

CLV- sounds like typical Dub behaviour...nothing unusual at all.

Sad to say...Dub "love" is a brand all it's own.

u/d(of the get the hell out...way out...class)

• banished1
    banished1

That is so sad. I'm sorry for everyone involved. So many mistakes were made. So many were wrong to speak the way they did.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    The elder responded by saying, "well since your wife is baptized, its uuuuummm going to hard to find a sister who will study with her.....ummmm, because you know they wont be able to count their time. I'll see what I can do."

Well, the elder never got back with him,

Just another example of an unqualified individual assuming a leadership position and giving terrible advice, or worse yet not taking any action at all. Typical JW BS.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Slightly on this topic, my husband and I realising we were weak and had not studied with our children for... well ever, properly! Asked the elders if they would set up a study so someone could come and do one with them. We figured at least if we weren't doing it, the kids were getting some kind of spiritual food. Also we have young pioneers who would be damn grateful for a couple of easy cup of tea hours! The brother told us that it was the head of the families responsibility to do the study and only in exceptional circumstances would someone do this. i said outright to this brother, (who incidentally I am very fond of) So the society would rather my children die than to dare to break some red tape? Because they know full well we were NOT going to study with them, but they would rather nobody did than be pictured as doing the wrong thing.. At the time.. yes I thought it was wrong, but did not add them all up!

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

What I also think is sad here is how imporant time is. Nobody is willing to help when they cant count their time. This goes to show the extent they are serving each other and not God. Do you think God would care how much time you spend in service? Only man cares about time issues, therefore in the end they are only serving man.

I was in a car group once where my study teacher was gossiping about another sister who visited a sick brother in the hospital and counted that as time. This sister was horrified that she counted that time blah blah. When I was in the hospital, my study teacher visited me, always and I mean always with study book in hand.

She was the one who put me in the hospital in the first place by placing guilt trips on me about my service time. I was 7.5 months pregnant and huge. Lost one twin already. I asked her to walk slow but she kept walking fast and she wpould snicker and giggle "im sorry I keep forgetting" Finally, after being in some pain I sat down in the car. The next day I was in the hospital bleeding extensively.

When word got out that I was in the hospital with a blood issue, JWs came out of the woodwork demanding that I do not receive blood. Well, that of course is another story. However, I did not take blood, as I thought I was being faithful, but now in hindsight I never realized how stupid that whole thing was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit