Am I the only one here??

by lola28 181 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

See I got you to share some info with us. I was not born in either I came in when I was 14 and got baptized when i was 18, I really believed it, I was a pioneer, I gave last minute talks I was always there and well here I am now, I have not Daed myself and they have no grounds to DF me. So what was the thing that made you come in? For me it was the idea that God would put an end to all suffering. Boy is he taking his time.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I'll take a look later. One of these days I'll post my full story. Right now I'm busy helping a friend who has just quit the org. She'll probably post HER story before I do mine, I'm jusy lazy I guess lol

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I was a bit low when the jws came a - knocking, and I was attracted by the promise of the new system, it just had to be better than the life I had then. I went to a meeting, got the usual love bombing, started a study, and went on from there. I didn't really believe in God until then, and I don't now, but what they taught seemed to make so much sense at the time, and I fell for it totally. I really believed it all, and changed my lifestyle completely. I quit smoking, hardly drank and generally tried to live as a good jw should, so I suppose there were benefits to being in, although towards the end of my jw life I did start to have the odd cigarette again and go out drinking more. I smoke now, a little more than occasionally. I did try to quit a short time ago, but didn't make it, not enough willpower I guess.

• lola28
    lola28

Thank you for sharing your story with me, I am going home now, it is nice outside so I am going to go enjoy the rest of my day. Take care and I'll talk to you later.

lola

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Well, its 1am in the Uk, and I am getting tired now, been up for almost 18 hours, so I am ready for some sleep, am almost dropping off at the keyboard. Its been great to chat to you lola, I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening, see you soon.

Goodnight, and take care

dedpoet

• Jordan
    Jordan

So, how much have I missed tonight?

• Jordan
    Jordan

So everyone's leaving, just as I get here...

• lola28
    lola28

Hey I just saw you and decided to come back, so tell me what did you do with your bar stool? And you have not missed much.

• clear2c
    clear2c

Hi everyone! I am back for a little while lol but later I have to go to a halloween party in a while YIKES! I have been away from the truth for years but still feel guilty (do you know what I mean?) about going lol YIKES! most people are going to be drinking and I dont drink so its gona be interesting!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'm only posting here because I want to become an emporer at any means possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit