What do you call God

by PoppyR 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Lord or Father, generally.

Another vote for "The Message", here.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Sorry it's not your bag, but it's the way I'd like to go, at least for now.

I understand.

It sounds like you are being very open minded. I can only suggest that you look for that which reveals God to be always more, and never less; always closer and more intimate, rather than distant and separate.

Good Luck then.

j

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Crumpet)) Hiya darlin'

Now, as for the question...Mom.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It all depends what he has just done to annoy me.

• Flash
    Flash
    1. Ok, very interested to know, for those of you that still have a faith, and it seems many do. What do you refer to God as?
    2. Is Jehovah correct, is it not, is it too associated with JWs for you to carry on doing that?
    3. Do many of you still pray, I think this is hilarious, because the first time in about 3 years I've considered prayer and it's as a result of 'apostate' thinking!!
    4. First time in years I've thought God might be worth knowing...
    5. Also a ps, for those of you that read the bible still, is there a good translation? Simple, but accurate?

1. Correct, I have not lost my faith in God because of His grossly errant people. 2. Jehovah, that's the english form so that's what I use. No JW hinderance here.

3. Every day, usualy before I start my day or at the end of it or both.

4. He is, His people aren't because of their "programming" but He is...definately.

5. Zondervan's New International Version. I like it very much.

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Elsewhere, you do the coolest stuff! No kidding. Do you use Photoshop? That was so awesome.

I call God Jehovah. I mean, it's as good as any. I considered Fred, but that made me think of the Flintstones. I once thought about Albert (as in Einstein) but that didn't fit. Sigmund, George, Paul, John, and Ringo also whisked thru my mind for a short span, but nothing really carried the same level of attention. I also tired some invectives like "You SOB", "blank-blank lying blank blank blank", and others, but that seemed to lack the fairness that I was demanding from him, so I settled on Jehovah. Funny, but I've gotten as much response with whatever I've used.

"Sometimes we know,

Sometimes we don't,

Sometimes we give,

Sometimes we won't.

Sometimes we're strong,

Sometimes we're wrong,

Sometimes we cry."

The best Bible that I have found is the NWT. No kidding. If you can get past the fact that it is associated with the Borg, it is in fact the most informative, easiest to understand, and most straight foreward. That isn't to say that it is perfect, if you haven't learned by now that no single source is going to be THE source, no Bible is a good Bible.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I call God,

abba, father, heavenly father, lord and God....

Evanescence

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

what do you call something that doesn't exist?

i call it " "

If "it" existed "it" would be among us, not an errant landlord, allowiing "its" tenants to be running amok in "its" house.

You wouldn't idly sit around letting squatters ruin your house you spent years building for you and your family would you, hoping they are living in fear of you "on your second coming" You'd be straight in there with a sawn-off winchester and cleaning house! And as we are supposedly "created in his image" im sure a God would do the same thing as us. As "he" hasn't then i can safely assume, that hes a figment of peoples imagination and a creation created by men to laud over them with fear.

• jstalin
    jstalin

God is in the TV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit