Covering Kingdom Music

by professor 8 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

has anyone ever tried to release covers of Kingdom Music? Generally, I'm thinking you have to have the artist's permission. But what if you change it a little? I have heard some covers that I know there was no permission. How do you do this legally without the society's OK?

I'm saying this because it would be a gosh darn hoot to parody some KM classics into some raw, bootylicious techno gabber house. The possibilities are endless.

-pro

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i remember when i was forced to go a few times in the past by my crazy mom, i used to sing my own lyrics as loud as i could... Profanities and all, then i got "counselled" by an elder, then i just stopped singing so loud... HA HA

the infamous one

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Parody is protected as "fair use".

• professor
    professor
    i used to sing my own lyrics as loud as i could... Profanities and all, then i got "counselled" by an elder, then i just stopped singing so loud... HA HA

Right on. I just think it would be awful for someone not to put some of this stuff on wax and spin it at a rave or something. Plus you can put appropriate samples in like robots, military sounds, s&M, things of that nature.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

By all means! If you've got the talent, do it! It would be freaking hilarious.lol

• bavman
    bavman

I would stay away from that Kingdom stuff if I was you. It's full of demonz. When I was a teenager, I would visit a friend in another congregation. I made it my practice to "sing praises" as Bob Dylan. It was fun just to crack him up. (Oh what crazy kids we were...sigh) I remember some of the adults nearby liked it as well. Perhaps they were secretly upset all creativity left with the piano.

• searching4?
    searching4?

Professor,

If you can do this, you will be my hero. I would love to help,too.

Jody

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

The Target holiday commercials are notorious for recreating songs. Listen to their "joy to the world" especially.

They change the lyrics, change a few keys, added a little salsa flavor to one spot. Then, voila! A song that everyone knows but is different from the original.

• professor
    professor
    The Target holiday commercials are notorious for recreating songs.

I guess that's why I'm like this. I work for Target Corp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit