Is your congregation on medication?

by toby888 39 Replies latest jw friends

• toby888
    toby888

Over half my cong. members have mental issues and are taking prozac or some other medication for depression or other mental problems.Many are going or have gone to therapists... Anyone have a similar situation?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i havent attended in a few years but i can tell you that EVERY meeting i attended and went into the ladies room, there were always women in there handing out xanex or valium like candy to each other. ( i never got into that clique dangit!)

many women were on prozac or some such drug, my daughter pioneered for several years and remarked that all the women she pioneered with were on something or another.

its very widespread among the women i'm sure.. not so sure about the men, although i knew of a few men that self medicated with alcohol.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

when my youngest sister was still going she was on a cocktail of antidepressants, my older sister who still goes is on antidepressants too, I remember my mum, being and still being on antidepressants.

My younger sister is now married to a lad in rock group, and has a great life, shes now on Chivas Regal medication!!! Way to go lil' sis!

The sad thing is, they never face upto the real reasons why theyre depressed, which we all know what they are, its like a band aid solution, very sad. I didn't know of any dub sister who didnt have some damgage. My friend Hannah, she was in and out of institutions because of her experiences with abuse at the hands of an elder, i wanted to kill that SOB!

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Even as a man, the more I get to know the women in the congo the more reveil to me that they are on anti-depressives, I don't know of any brother who is on anti-depressive but the achocol probably helps. It seems that its the older single women, over 30 that find if harder to cope, thats my observation.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Everyone was on something.

My brother once told me he would drink a six pack or more before every meeting. Then I asked him why he did that...he hasn't been to a meeting ever since I asked that question.

Brooke

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

This really shouldn't come as a big of a surprise. It just doesn't stop in the KH almost everybody these days is in some type of medication.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Many relatives I have still in are on those medications and a lot of people in the organization are on some type of psychiatric drug.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows what kind of spiritual paradise the dubs are enjoying, there's is obviously a stressful and unnatural environment mainly due to the need to struggle every day in order to avoid extermination at a soon to occur divine judgement while slaving away for a super rich multinational corporation.

That harsh, unloving, exacting, "god" is potent poison for the mind.

BTW at my ex congo there was no one on anti depressants except a young guy with a very harsh elder father.

• twinflame
    twinflame

Yep. Alcohol and anti-depressants. JW fuel/food. Did you ever wonder what would happen if the light got brighter and they banned alcohol? Now THAT would mark the mass exodus. It's one of the few pleasures in life they are still allowed to enjoy.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

I wish I had been on meds during those boring ass talks.

:-)

Dez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit