Feeling a little low again

by Cygnus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Lots of ups and downs in my life......... and when my mom helps me with things I can't do on my own, even though I'm assured it's not simple charity but done out of love, I feel guilty. I was self-sufficient from age 16. Now I am nearing 34 and can barely do anything without assistance. It's very difficult losing everything (money, car, job, use of limbs, fiance, etc) in the span of less than a year. Thank god for my doctors and my friends, but these days I'm sleeping 17-20 hours a day. I miss being REALLY active on JWD and elsewhere. AlanF, AA, Joelbear, gumby, so many of you, I think of you often even if I'm not posting. In fact I think about mostly all of you. OK that's it for my weekly "poor poor me" sob story. Thanks for reading and being there guys, even if I don't post I read here every day. :)

• JH
    JH

Don't feel bad Cygnus.

I'm sure if you could do more by yourself, you would. Try to find joy in simple things of life. You're still young, so try to adopt a positive philosophy even though life is hard on you.

If we were closer, I'd have a beer with ya.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Hang in there buddy, things will look up. You have been through a hell of a lot but you know we are all rooting for you!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Cyg,

Hang in there, man. Thinking of ya.

S4

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it's interesting cyg,

i think of everyone on the board when i am not on it too.

anyways, thinking of you man. take care ((((cyg))))

TS

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

thanks guys, i mean it, it's a real privilege to know all of you

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    it's a real privilege to know all of you

It *IS* a privilege to be a part of such a great community. One new poster commented that there are 'great, happy, humorless, lovely, every kind of person' here. A great change from the happy-'cause-the-watchtower-says-I-am drones.

Of course, that's the case with EVERYBODY. It's a great, beautiful world. Lots of people to love and be loved by.

Glad yer one of 'em, Cyg.

Dave

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    and when my mom helps me with things I can't do on my own, even though I'm assured it's not simple charity but done out of love, I feel guilty.

I spent most of today wishing I could "be there" to help my son who is your age Cyg and going through a tough time as well. You never quit caring about and loving your kids no matter what, except her help graciously and as I tell my son when he talks like you, some day the shoe will be on the other foot and this is my insurance that you'll look after me when I need it. Then I love to remind him that those years he'll be buying my Depends is sooner than he thinks.....he really groans when I say that.

Hold on sweetie, I like to tell my son that he'll look back at these years as a very good lesson he needed to learn, pay attention and listen carefully to what you're learning Cyg, this too will pass.

Hugs to ya!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I hope that you don't think that this is patronizing.

Cygnus, I've been with my husband for 30 years. He became disabled in 1984, so that's 21 years. I have had to help him out a lot. Sometimes, I don't know what I'd do without him! There are times that I feel sorry for myself, but I get over it. I am a nurse, so I get to meet all kinds of people with chronic illnesses. One thing that really stuck with me is the mothers who say "Why did God take my child away from me?" They say "I would of took care of him/her even if they could not walk or do anything for themselves, just so that I could be near him/her." I'm sure that your mother loves you very much, and glad that you there.... just to be able to smell you!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My thoughts are with you (((Cygnus))). I know what it is like to be a 17-year-old having to be bathed by your mother. It ain't easy. I worked from the time I was 11 up to 17 helping to support my family, but I got badly sick. If there is one thing I've learned, Cygnus, this...[nghhhh!]...too shall...[nnnggh!]...pass. [plop!]

Well, I'll be darned. It did! [flush]

Let yourself smile, man, you've earned it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit