My First "Birthday" party!

by tall penguin 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

My former colleagues at the clinic I used to work at took me out for lunch today. What I didn't know was that they'd arranged a "birthday" party for me. Although my birthday isn't until June they wanted to celebrate the 25 birthdays I've missed while a jw. So they had a bunch of gifts for me.
    Some were gifts I would've gotten as a child--plastic barnyard animals, a puzzle and a sparkly magic wand. Others were more adult like bubble bath and jewellery. And they even decided to get me ready for my first Halloween in 25 years by buying me some really neat spider web stockings and a headband with bobbly bats and flashing lights. I actually had to wear the headband through lunch. Quite funny really.
    After the meal, they made me close my eyes and when I opened them, there on my plate was a muffin with two candles. They sang me "Happy Unbirthday" and I made a wish and blew out the candles. Something I haven't done since I was 5. I was in tears and overwhelmed by their love and kindness. I'm still not used to "worldly" people being nice and normal. But I'm getting used to it.
    :) tall penguin

• Legolas
    Legolas

That was so nice of them!

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Well happy Unbirthday from me as well

You have awesome friends.....that's a great story!

SK

• horrible life
    horrible life

That is such a wonderful story!! But I don't think it will be published in the Awake experiences section. LOL

I hope you have a Very Happy Unbirthday!!!!

alt

• Now What?
    Now What?

Awww! What a cute story! That is soooo cool of them.

And "Happy Unbirthday"

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

It's high time the JW God exterminate those pesky so-called "friends" at your job at Armageddon.

What insincere filthy heathens! Actually that was very thoughtful. Congrats!

-ithinkisee

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

This brought tears to my eyes...what great friends! Happy Unbirthday to you,

AJ

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Gosh all that fun and they forgot to worship you? Bad worldly people! Don't even know how to act like indecent worldly people.Happy Birthdays!!Glad you were born!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wow. That's really awesome!

Kwin

• searching4?
    searching4?

Brings tears to my eyes!!! See what great friends you can have in the world? Celebrating birthdays and holidays is sooo much fun, and good for the soul.

HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY TOU YOU!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit