Did you smile and love bomb as a JW?

by greendawn 10 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

While JWs can you recall having that artificial smile and sweet, smooth way of talking at the doors? Also did you participate in the deceitful love bombing of newly interested persons in your kingdom hall?

It was all part of the artificial charm meant to entice unsuspecting victims into the WTS nets.

• toby888
    toby888

I used to but I don't have the stomach for it anymore. I wouldn't wish this "religion" on my worst enemy. I hope newcomers get discouraged and leave. I stay well away from 'em, for their own good.

• blondie
    blondie

No, I hung around until the love-bombing ended, after their baptism, waited about 6 months and then saw if they still needed a friend.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

Some...at least I tried. I'm fairly shy and had to force myself. Blech.

• mouthy
    mouthy

YES!!! Guilty as charged

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In the beginning I did. But over the years I probably sounded more dead than enthused

• Ellie
    Ellie

I still do the fake smile now when talking to someone I'm not close to, it annoys the hell out of me but its habit, they could be calling me all manor of insulting names and I'd still be there smiling.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I didn't do the love bombing thing. I was actually too suspicious and judgemental for that. I would wait for a while to see if the newbie was really interested in being a jw. They'd have to come to a few months of meetings before I'd give them much attention, unless they were my own study of course. A strange kind of paranoia really. I guess I was a theocratic snob.
    tall penguin

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Remember the people in your congregation who would deliberately turn their backs, or brush right past you in an attempt to make sure Sis. Soandso got her magazines?

I do that.

Sure, I don't want them to become dubs... thats it...

• watch the tower
    watch the tower

Yes. I've mistakenly done that to DFed ppl sitting in the back not knowing that they were DFed. I never kept track of that kind of thing anyways.

I always got that awkward, uneasy look and whisper "i'm disfellowshipped..."

This was always followed up by brothers who saw this, laughing and dogging me for making such a bonehead mistake for greeting this person.

What a messed up social structure. puke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit