'Celebrated Watchtower Scholars'

by Sam the Man 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Does anybody actually know who they are?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Some Watchtower "Scholars" Celebrating:

alt

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

lol. "Pass the whiskey, I need to consult the spirit"

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

LOL! Oooh, the guy on the left has the strangest hair I've ever seen...lol

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

lol, and him on the right. "life is like a box of chocolates"

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    LOL! Oooh, the guy on the left has the strangest hair I've ever seen...lol

A very common haircut for fascists at the time. Many SS-men in nazi-germany had that haircut. How appropriate.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

My looming question is "Who celebrates them?" When watching CNN or any other interview program the person being interviewed has to qualify themselves as an expert on whatever field they care commenting on. Even people whose identity is being protected qualify themselves. When "in" I was firmly convinced that these "scholars" had been qualified. "Why would they lie to me?" "This is Jehovah's organization. Surely he would ensure that these ones have his spirit" "Our translation of the bible is superior" This is the mindset we wrestle against when talking to family, when rescuing people that seemed trapped under ice.

CHL (of the knows these are the droids I'm looking for class)

• kid-A
    kid-A

(C.T. Russell, the first WT president, is omitted only because he was not big on the "Big Brother" concept.)

DA JUDGE

It started with Joe Rutherford (da judge) who wanted to take over the Watchtower real badly after Russell died. He kicked out all the opposition, then found "legal" ways to put himself in office as the president of the Watchtower, ignoring the wishes of Russell as specified in his will.
    Joe hated prohibition.

Nathan H. Knorr had to make up for his lack of charisma by building the Watchtower Empire more than ever before, establishing missionary schools, modern door-to-door techniques, acquiring vast amounts of property, etc. Knorr never trusted the brothers, always intent on keeping them in line through rules and regulations. Responsible for archaic ways of "witnessing."

Da FATHER FIGURE

FREDDY

Fred Franz was the reluctant president who was buds with Knorr, and stood by him in the end (1976) when all the other Governing Body members were itching for real power. He preferred to be the organization's PROPHET, writing many books on Bible interpretation and always focusing on sensational dates. Shunned his nephew Ray Franz (also a GB member) in 1980 and watched him get kicked out for telling the truth about Big Brother. He was rather odd.

We won't put the fifth president, Milton Henschel here, because Ted Jaracz who heads up the SS (Service Dept.) is the real promoter of rules and regulations to keep the sheep (who still can't be trusted) in line with his Victorian and bizarre judicial system. Leads the Watchtower through critical times. Ted is as cold as ice and his spirit drives the modern-day Watchtower organization. Orwellian to the max!

too cold to name

sandbut.gif (281 bytes) Tongue-in-cheek essay on the 5 Eras of Watchtower Presidency

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit