Do you hate the person that converted you?

by MsMcDucket 21 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

TS it's amusing to imagine you a really hardened atheist preaching the twisted jw gospel to others. I suppose atheism never crossed your mind at the time.

As for the jws that taught me there were two one over the first six months and the other over the second six. The first one I didn't like because later he proved to be an offensive, conceited and narcistic son of an elder. The second one was an elder I later came to dislike him because I realised that all his pioneering was done to impress his superiors and gain a high positon in the org, his motives were ultimately selfish and he had no genuine attitute.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I feel like I converted myself because it was never shoved down my throat. I took it upon myself to start having a study because they were saying what I wanted (and felt like I needed) to hear at that time of my life. So I blame myself for the choices I've made since/because of that.

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I don't have to decide how I feel about the person who converted me - since I was born into the JW world.

My parents were converted shortly before I was born - my mother by a pioneer sister - my father by that same sister's husband. That JW couple are the reason my parents met and got married and thus produced me.

How ironic is that? So I can't feel too much resentment or I'd be resenting the fact that I was born. AARGH! Too confusing!

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I do love the person who introduced me to the Bible, brought me to the truth, I'm grateful to that person and others. Even if one has strayed from the truth or lost their faith, it's no reason to blame or hate the messenger.

We shouldn't hate anyone... Jesus teaches us to forgive and be forgiven

• pratt1
    pratt1

Since my mom converted me, as an infant, I can't hate. In fact I have deep love for her, however that does not mean that I don't hold her accountable for the problems the religion causes in our lives.

But until she wakes up, I doubt if she ever will realize how harmful that cult is.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well let's just say....That I would love to go back in time and first kick her a$$, and then mine!

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think of it as a "mind virus", I mean, I would'nt hate somebody for giving me a cold.....

• minimus
    minimus

Nope. I LOVE my momma.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I just wish my own parents or aunts or teachers were as interested in me as she was.

That's how pedophiles get over on kids! Take interest in this kid and make him feel loved! Their love screwed up my brain for 20 years! I don't think that they helped me at all! It's like being turned into a vampire! 'Cept you can't have no blood! They made my life a complete bore! I started to have panic attacks! Had to go on anti-anxiety meds! I could go on and on....but I'll spare you all the whole story... I was a wimp! You know who I help convert? My neice and my twin daughters! They are deeply into this religion and I can't do anything about it!

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Our family will always love that sister, she is still a faithful pioneer. I suppose you could compare her to a NUN or sister in the Catholic church. They may be mislead by man made orgnization, but what they do, they trully believe is what God wants them to do...and if they help someone who is desperate in life, than I guess we can agree they have done good as well.

OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit