Looking for old friends in Malden MO

by BadPammie 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• BadPammie
    BadPammie

Anyone from the Malden MO congregation that was around in the 70's & 80's? I am looking for some of the kids I grew up with. My name is Pamela Sterling (Haywood/Finney) and I am STILL married to Joel Sterling.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Where is Malden? I grew up in the hell-hole congregation in Moberly.

shelley

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

How about Buffalo... Lebanon... Bolivar... Crocker... during the 80's.

I grew up in the Buffalo Congregation... 32 miles North (I think) of Springfield. I moved to Lebanon when I was 18. I might recognize a few names from the Bolivar and Crocker congregations. OH! Hermitage too.

Anyone, anyone???

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I knew some people in the St James, Lebanon, and Sullivan congregations. Not until the early 90's though.

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

Sparkplug...

Did you know the blind sister... Nunuez (sp?)... Rodarte's...Grover's... from Lebanon?

I'm pretty sure they all left that area in the 80's, but thought I would take a shot anyway.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

sorry I don't. i know there was a blind lady in St James. She was the presiding overseers wife. But that is not the last name. I did not get into the KH there until, 93. I think...It all gets so vauge at times; the further away I am. If I was very close to them, I remember.

But I don't think I ever knew anyone by that name.

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

Yeah, you must have gotten their after everyone moved.

I moved with the Rodarte's to California... it all seems like a dream now... it was so long ago.

I think the blind sister moved back to CA too.

I thought maybe you had heard some gossip about the Grover's. They weren't concidered very good "association". The dad was an elder but was known by many to have a foul mouth. I reported him to the other elder's for slapping his daughter in the face. I think they moved to KC after that.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Knew a passle of kids in Hayti-Blythville-Kennett area....

Did you know Pat Burress? Robby Morrow?

~Hill

• BadPammie
    BadPammie

Yes as a matter of fact we did. Robby dated my husband's sister Terri once (I guess he gave Robby a hard time). The name Pat Burress rings a bell too. Joel knew Robby better than I; my parents were so strict that I hardly ever got out of the house for the witness parties where everyone from the area got together. My husband's family are the Laszewski's.

Pammie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit