Looking for a good children's bible

by findingmyway 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

I've gone non-denominational, but I haven't become a member yet. If/when I do, I'd like to begin taking my son to church with me. Before I do that, I'd like to start my own study of the bible with him. He's 9 years old and I'm looking for a children's bible that he can relate to and benefit from.

Any suggestions?

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Well, good luck. The 'Street Bible' is a good bet. Sho nuff.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I would NEVER expose my child to such a violent, miserable book. Page after page of killing, war, plagues, sex, violence. The bible should have a "Parental Advisory" sticker on it.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

You should reconsider your decision to read a violent insane book such as the Bible to your children. At the very least, read about the long-term effects such childhood exposure to violent rageaholic ideas of God have on the self-esteem and ability to function of such hapless childrem.

A good childrens Bible is no Bible at all. Give your kids better ideas about God than a genocidal despot in the sky.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

I will gladly direct you to appropraite reading materials to open your eyes on this matter, and can even arrange for mental health professionals in your area to consult with you before you decide to violate your childrens minds with the Bible. Please contact me via email, not publically on this forum. This is a serious matter beyond the scope of this form of communication.

Nathaniel J. Merritt Met.D.

• caligirl
    caligirl

My son is 9 as well - we got him a bible called the Adventure Bible whe we started going to a church, and he really likes it. It is geared towards 8-12 year olds and has lots of neat features that he likes to read. I think it is an NIV. Hope that helps!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit