Has this ever happened to you??

by young hearts, be free.. 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Okay, about a week or so ago I flew back 'home' to NZ to be with my mother and step-father - who's battle with cancer was coming to a quicker than expected end....Unfortunately he passed away on Thursday just gone (20th).

So on Friday I went to visit my Dad, who lives 30 mins south and we were talking about things - work, life, and we got to talking about my stepdad's death. They both worked on the same site for a while and so they knew each other, and Dad was sad to hear about his death.

Anyways, we were discussing it then he said "It's sad to hear about ******* but I'll see him again, in the ressurection...." and I just about burst out laughing......well I did laugh, but I managed to contain myself - I just found it so amusing how he, and the rest of them can believe in such a fairy tale....... A ressurection ?? A brand new earth where everything is perfect, organized and we will never face pain ?? Seriously, I still kick myself now that I believed in that shit when I was a good dub !!

Do you have any experiences where their beliefs/practices have almost sent you into a fit of laughter?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My sister and her family kept trying to call my cellphone one time and the signals were getting crossed so they were getting someone else. They thought the demons were scrambling the signals and causing it all.

• chrissy
    chrissy

yes of course, young hearts... (nice name!) we've all had to contain the laughter at times...sorry for your recent loss.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Thanks Chrissy, I really appreciate your words. I hope your week starts well

• riko
    riko

young hearts, I've had a similar experience.

2 years ago my sister-in-law died at the age of 25, everyone in the family were so convinced that we'd see her again that no-one grieved! I was beside myself with my grief but even my brother, her husband, didn't really cry til he left the Truth and all the lies and assumptions he'd been fed, had gone. They put their fingers in their ears and screw their eyes shut, if they can't see or hear it, it's not happening.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First let me say how sorry I am for your loss.

My most recent experience with this was when my brother was so terrified to tell me what my mom said about me. I told him he might be surprised, and asked him to tell me. Well she told him I was demonized. I blurted our laughing! How can that hurt me? There are no such things as demons, and I'm sure thats how she rationalizes why/how someone could be "led astray"... the demunz made me do it!

Bwaaahaaaahaaaa-

Sherry

• sf
    sf

Do you have any experiences where their beliefs/practices have almost sent you into a fit of laughter?

Not almost. SURELY! Most all of their beliefs and policies are not a laughing matter. Yet sometimes, laughter is the best medicine in dealing with the insanity of the WTBTS of New York, governed by Jehovah God.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! See? There I go again! LOLOLOLOL!!! WTBTS governed by Jehovah God....{ slaps knee silly }. WTBTS is so seriously silly...deadly silly.

{{ Warm welcome to the forum }}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit