Saturday morning and the witnesses are most notable for thier ABSENCE!

by Soledad 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

It could be the weekend of the circuit assembly but i dont think theres any question the love of the greater # of witnesses for preaching is lessening to a great extent. More and more witnesses are quitting pioneering and joining clubs, art groups, dance lessons, and so forth. The organization's pleas for field service participation is ringing hollow in more and more jw ears.

• steve2
    steve2
    It will probably take another two or three generations for the full metamorphosis, but it will happen. The JW's are a very recent phenomenon after all.

Hello Nate. Yes, this is a view I share. It may take decadess, but it will come to pass. We will first see several fitful years of really slow increase in the number of publishers, but overall, a decline. Some countries will be quicker than others at fading. Look at the Scandanavian countries - such persistent decline for several years now.

If you look at other end-times religions - 7th Day Adventists and Mormons - they tend to gradually metamorphise into groups that are less predominantly focused on the end and encorporate other apsects of daily life. Even the JWs spend so much more time nowadays discussing the family whereas in the 1930s and 40s the message was, There's no time for raising families - the world has to be warned.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I've put a large spruce burrel from off a tree on my entry that has "Welcome to our home" engraved on it. Even that hasn't resulted in any dubbies knocking on our door, and we've been in town now for over four years.

carmel, not complaining, just observing

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

This doesn't really belong here, but close enough . . . . Yesterday, when I was cleaning up my garden, I found two JW tracts folded together and tucked under the alysum. I wondered if they were something children were given to hand out (and a child found a good place to ditch a couple on his way up the alley?) I've never seen these before and I don't think I've heard any of you talk about them--little trifold piece, maybe 4 X 11.5--immediately recognizable as JW by the illustrations/photos. Are they new or have they always been part of the "preaching work."

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Steve2

Have you read the post thats asking if the Org has gotten worse? I'm astonished at just how bleak and awful things are now. They were bad enough when I was "in the Truth" but now it's so bad I'm astonished that anyone would be attracted to such a stark and dismal band fo woebegone misfits. At least the Mormons are friendly and positive and life-embracing, and have a wonderful camaraderie and esprit de corps. The Witnesses had that when I was involved. I was disfellowshipped 33 years ago, so the Org has certainly had plenty of time to go down the tubes, which it evidently is doing with great expertise.

When I was a Witness, they held dances and parties (with rock music and live bands) for the teens, it was okay to drink alcohol in moderation, you could smoke, people hung out with each other, there were actual discussions about history and doctrines of the WTBTS. Now all of that is gone. What could possibly attract anyone to the Jehovah's Witnesses today?

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit