Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-23-05 WT Study (Walk/Faith)

by blondie 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• willyloman
    willyloman

Blondie: You are the best Watchtower Study Conductor, oops, I mean, Overseer, ever!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks to Severus for posting up that pic from today's study article. I showed up so clearly the crass black and white attitude that the GB in the ivory tower of Brooklyn, Patterson or wherever they hang out these days , live in isolated seclusion from the rest of us mere mortals

Some thoughts:

p2 "Walking by faith requires implicit trust in Gods ability to direct our lives" - or rather the WTS direction of peoples lives, after all God has not directly spoken to any of them .

p5 "Cherish Jehovah's friendship" If only that were true! If the WT could really offer the friendship of the Almighty, I would be there .. but they cannot . They offer only self delusion leading ultimately to disappointment..

p10. An appeal to guilt if ever there was one. "What brings me the greatest satisfaction? ....Meetings or ....... weekends away" cue the aforementioned picture. Next weeks article has the nerve to say , page 23, "Christian elders today do not intimidate others into serving God through shame or guilt"(My wife pointed that one out to me !)

• Flash
    Flash

Blondie

It is just that there is such a turnover in the JWs that more than 60% have been "in" less than 10 years.

WOW! Are you sure?? That would definately confirm my suspicion that there are more of us who are out than those who are in.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

That picture is priceless. The sheep seem to be speaking thru their actions. Im sure there is more than a little concern at WT as to where things are heading.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "Christian elders today do not intimidate others into serving God through shame or guilt"...

Yet another example of WT dishonesty. As if, "Let's just put it in writing and it will be so, regardless of what's actually taking place in the congregations."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Brilliant Blondie - thankyou

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Rejecting "the Temporary Enjoyment of Sin" 

4 Imagine the life that Moses, a son of Amram, could have had. Raised among the

Actually, Moses did help his oppressed Hebrew brothers. But what moved Moses to turn his back on Egypt was his eagerness to escape after murdering an Egyptian ... while helping his oppressed Hebrew brothers. He had no choice.
    It was only when God told him to return to Egypt 40 years later, that Moses really threw his lot in with his own people and led them out without fear of the king.
    And then it has to be asked, what about Joseph, Daniel and Esther? Did they give up their privileged positions? Or did they use their status to help their poor, oppressed Hebrew brothers?
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Excuse the formatting. It won't do it properly no matter how I try.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A sister (elder's wife) at the study yesterday said, "We should not question the FDS about such things as that the UN will be the instrument God uses to bring down false religion by asking, How do we know that? Talk about blind obedience!

• heathen
    heathen

I'd rather watch walking with the dinosaurs on discovery channel .LOL What a convoluted mess they make out of the UN situation , there has to be enmity between the seeds which means a mutual hatred . The beasts in revelation are clearly not put there by God and even as they quoted the scripture that states the dragon empowered the beast they seem to get confused . They rest comfortably on 2 different opinions and like to argue out both sides of their mouth . I notice they are trying on the moses identity for the FDS but have not made it church dogma yet .

Man what a beating they are taking these days . How dare you enjoy life with your own money and time ! Don't you know the master is delaying for a short while only? Sound familiar anybody?

They are so good at evading responsibility for all the end time hype of the past . The religion has been saying the sky is falling for over 100yrs . I think people would ignore that carrot on a stick after awhile. I guess next it's the glue factory .....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit