Update on my post re: The suicide.

by caz 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• caz
    caz

Firstly let me start by saying Thankyou to all of you who replied to my post re: the suicide of my brother in law.

I was amazed to come in today and find soooo many lovely messages of condolensce!!

I cannot possibly reply to all but each and everyone of you, I want you to know that your replies have made a huge impact on my sister.

She sat here in tears reading your words and said 'how you have helped her to realise that "The World" isn't such a bad place to be after all'! ( she had been a witness herself for 17 years)

Thankyou for that.

Today some of the Witnesses are helping my husband and my sister move the deceased belongings from his house and I now cannot believe how they are picking through his belongings and saying, "well I'll take that, I gave him that"!! Fridges,tv's, a lounge etc.

They are not even asking the boys if they needed or wanted them. Infact the 16 year old boy asked if he could keep the television given to his Dad by his brother in law, ( a witness) and the

bro' in law said, " No, I don't want your mother getting her hands on it and selling it for $50.00"!! As if she would even consider it!! I can assure you she most certainly wouldn't!!

On the day of the suicide, the deceased hadn't even been removed from his room when we were there and his sister, ( another witness) said to his sons, "go and find your Father's wallet, we need to see if he has any money in the bank, does anyone know the password to his account, we need to draw the money out quickly or the bank will shut down the account, I can't afford to pay for a funeral"!!!

She said all of this within moments of telling my sister how she and her husband had just finished building a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house and also advising us to NEVER purchase a $16,000 plasma, wide screen tv as she had done because the picture on it wasn't worth the money!!!!!!

I thought that witnesses were supposed to be humble, living people?

They own their own business and are rolling in it!

I honestly wanted to slap her face and i'm not usually a person to entertain violent thoughts!

Anyways, I could just go on and on in here because there is so much that has happened that is beyond belief but it would take me a month to tell so I will close here with another thankyou to all of you wonderful, kind people and wish you all a happy day.

CaZ

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Awww! (((((CaZ)))))

I am so sorry you guys are still going through so much. I wish I could string 'em all up for you (only a wish, in case any law enforcement are in here). There is nothing the boys can do about their aunt and uncle taking their father's belongings? Was there a will? Wouldn't the boys be next of kin? I would call an attorney for a free consultation.

AuldSoul

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

My love, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family. Unfortunately this kind of insensitive, grasping behaviour is not owned by the witnesses, but it is proof they are not so different from everybody else.There would be nothing wrong with saying, "Please leave everything alone until the (immediate) family decides what is to be done."I know I am not alone in wishing I was there to help you.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sadly what you are describing isn't an isolated situation.

Many years ago an elderly sister was having chest pains and called a nearly friend to come help her. She hung up the phone and made her way to the door so he could get in and then collapsed and died at the door. When he got there he called the ambulance and the family. When the family got there they were literally stepping over her body and making their way to her possessions and taking off with them. The poor fellow who had come to help had no idea what vultures the family were.

I'm sorry your family is going through this

The issue of the money was actually a good idea. Once the person is declared deceased and the bank finds out the accounts are often frozen so the widow can't have access to any of the money to pay bills. It can put the family in a very difficult situation with creditors.

• Plummet
    Plummet

Glad to hear about the impact this site had on your sister, that is good news.

We had a couple of situations like that here. A few elderly sisters that needed help around their homes and couldn't always get it, but as soon as they moved to a nursing home or passed away the entire congregation would come out of the woodwork to take what they wanted. Sad.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

First, my condolences on the death of your brother in law.

About the "vulture"-mentality of these JWs: I have seen this way to often. Both my parents and all my granparents are dead, and I have one older sister still in "the Truth", as well as an aunt, and a whole bunch of cousins. They have all, with no exceptions, behaved like vultures in these situations. My aunt, who lives in Australia, cheated me and my little sister out of our inheritage, when our granfather died (my father is dead, so we were supposed to inherit him). First she came to Norway when my grandfather got sick, and made him write a testament, giving her and her children as much as norwegian law allows, without us knowing about it. The same thing with my JW-sister when my mother died. She snooped around, checking her bankaccount, made it perfectly clear to the rest of us that she wanted a detailed account of what was in the house, etc, and she argued about each and every thing in the house (my mother had some valuable art, inherited from her non-JW-father, who was an artist). And so it went on and on. I think it`s based on a JW-mentality that the rest of the world are ungodly and unworthy, and we`re all going to die in Armageddon anyway. It seems to me that the JWs have overlooked a few quite important passages in the Bible.

Matthew 19:24 Again I say, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter into the kingdom of God

I know it`s annoying, but don`t let it eat you up inside. They`ll probably have to pay for it, someday:

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

• avishai
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Caz.

I have just read your posts and I want to add my good wishes to those that my friends on the board have made. This is tragic, "If only..." I guess we can all say that at times. Sadly , it is only at times like this that "friends" real colours can be seen . Please pass my support to your sister, and tell her she can get a lot of support on here .

• TopHat
    TopHat

I am so sorry about your sister losing her husband.

The greed of some people one never finds until a family member dies and one wants a piece of the decessed possessions. Been there and experienced the same. I bought a little country house next to my aunt in another state where I grew up. She gave me two kitchen chairs not worth much but fit nicely in a small country kitchen. I believe they belonged to my Grandmother. I helped my aunt when she needed help buying gorceries and food for her 5 dogs she loved so much. She would cook a Sunday dinner just like my Grandmother with Chicken dumpings and blackeyed peas and mustard greens and cornbread. Oh man she was a good cook. Made the best Banana Pudding and Jello fruit dessert. Well, anyway when my aunt died I was in NY and my cousin saw the keys to my house my aunt had hanging on her kitchen wall and went over to my house and took the two chairs my aunt gave me. Mind you, this cousin is a witness too. I was in total shock and didn't say anything. She then ask me if I knew where the diamond ring was that my aunt had. My aunt of course had sold the ring long ago when she needed money, I found out later. My aunt had mortgaged her house to the hilt so the bank took that. ...What a shocker for my greedy cousin and her Mother. I sold my house there and never came back.

• joanne_
    joanne_

It's so sad, that when a tradegy strikes, you see the good in people and the bad. And you see the bad come out of the people you least expect....soooo sorry that you and your family is going through this...., I hope all will be better soon.

joanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit