Results of DA letter...(I need help!!)

by Lilycurly 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly
    Dear Elders...

I'm writting this letter to inform you about my decision to DA myself as I do not want to be known as a JW anymore. I have tought about this for a long time and made sincere and deep researches, in fact, I decided to examine both side of the coin without any restrictions and I quickly understood why the WatchTower society so strongly dissaproves those investigations. I am now more then convinced that I made the right choice.

I will not insist on details as I am pretty certain that you know of all these reasons and that one way or another, you will quickly classify them as apostate or false. I do not blame you for that, because I know I would done have the same just a few years back about ideas that contradicted what I had learned and beleived.

I know I could write pages about flip-flops in the JW Dogma that lead to the lost of so many innocent lives ( organ transplant, vaccins..etc.), falsified and/or erronous dates and history (607..), questionable translations, false prophecies that want to be forgotten, hidden origins (a great research topic, about the great pyramids, Russell and 1914...), not forgetting numerous scandals (political and moral), association with the UN, and many other reasons. I would waste my time trying to make people see what they are not ready to see. It is not my responsability what others choose to do with their lives. As for me, I could not continue, it did not satisfy me to hear or read the weak explanations given by the WTS, this multibillionaire, made in USA organisation; to explain and rationalise those wrongs with pretty pictures and well chosen words that caress the ears of those who listen.

I feel that our intelligence is being insulted when I read of "new light" that's getting brighter. When all it really is, to an honnest observer are drastic changes in beleives to gloss over problems that show up as time carry on.

I think I need to mention that I have decided to celebrate holidays as I wish, as those festive days do not have anymore pagan conotations to present society then wind-chimes or a bride's veil. They are not more perverse as a wedding anniversary, and as no be-heading is occuring, I see no wrong in celebrating them. Instead of living my life based on a thousand man-made rules, wich is very reminiscing of the Pharisees, I live it base on the one important rule, love. I do not need a society to tell me how many hours I must give, or how many meetings I must attend to to be spiritual.

In conclusion, I must say that I have never been more happy, or more at peace with life, myself and God in all my life. I met many great people, with great personalities in the congregation I attended, and I will always keep a good memory of htem, even though our path must definitly part today.

Thank you for your time

May life be good to you.

(There I put Deut 18:22 about when "a prophet makes a false prophecy, you shall not be scared." or something along the line...)

Maybe people remember that letter I sent two weeks ago to one of the elders? Yeah? Well, one of them called me yesterday night. he was being very nice, I think they chose the most gentle and honest one of them. I actually think he was pretty cool and he was really trying his best and seemed a bit uncomfortable to be calling me...

Well, he was to tell me that my DA would be announced at yesterday night's meeting...so was I sure that's what I wanted. I answered that yes, I had made all my researches and was now certain, as my letter said that it was the right thing to do. And then went on about how this would of course affect my relationship with my father. I said I of course knew about that and at that point I just broke down. I really dislike confrontations of that kind, even if done with kindness, it just makes me cry no matter how hard I try not to. But form that point the conversation went on with sobs and sniffles as I went on about how unchristian shunning was and how Jesus would never have done that. And the elder was being really nice about it, he said he realised that was very harsh, but that it's what the Bible was telling them to do as a form of discipline. And I told him it sounded more like guilt-tripping and menacing. And it said it made him sad too because he knew me since I was a little girl. I really don't know if he was being sincere, but every time I brought up a point...about vaccination or transplant or the many wrongs of the society (between sobs), he said they were all good and valid point and that he would absolutlely research on them. And he on side was going on about what the Bible said about someone being appointed on earth in the last days and that it was crucial to know who it was. And I knew where he was going so that's when I started telling him about how I can't have thrust in *that* society that constantly changes it's ideas and all. And when he started pointing out what the Bible said here and there and just blurted out that I was at that point when I'm not even sure the Bible is true, and I asked him about evolution, at wich point he said he could bring me a book, lol I couldn't beleive it, I just said "a book!?" in a slightly bewildered voice accompagnied by a loud sniff. He said yes, the Evolution or creation book. (Incredible!) I just made a disbeleiving little noise and told him I had read and studied that book, many times, and that I recently learned that it is full of errors and wrong quotations. Now he seemed really interested and asked me if I could find more precise info about this and about all the things I mentionned in my letter. I think he felt really bad he made a woman cry and I think I didn't seem to have all my head jumping from one subject to another and babbling away. So he concluded that he should not announce my DA tonight and that he and the others would look into my letter and try to answer any question I would have...and that on my side I should note the things I find that makes me bug. I agreed, although I made it clear that there was -0% chances that anything would make me come back, I am out and for good. Even if God himself came down and told me they were right, I would not go back to that life. But now I am really interested about what they will come up with, and I want to be more prepared and more rested so as not to blow out again, and sound like a sane rational person..not some poor lost sheep.

So...I need to find the best info on:

The Evolution book, the UN would be nice, I've got the letter printed and all, 1914, misc things about the Bible ala Samson, the great flood, etc.) Fatal mistakes made by the watchtower. I am also thinking of bringing my COC book. I want to be full equiped, I know they will be...

Any suggestion?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Do you have a fax machine? Or can you pm me an email address to send the text of the letter I received from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses rearding the UN/DPI thing?

BTW, it is very important to make the distinction: They did not join the UN. They joined the UN/DPI, the mouthpiece of the UN, the voice of the Disgusting Thing that Causes Desolation.

LilyCurly, my heart's with you. Sounds like you have a wonderful opportunity to wake this guy up. There is no point in him stringing you along with idle questions, you already DA'd yourself. He must be genuinely interested to know.

I will help in whatever way I can. I have seen where others posted links to some Web sites that discuss the misquotes in the Creation book thoroughly. I don't remember where those Web sites are, but perhaps some of the others recall.

I can help a lot on them joining the UN/DPI and on failed prophecies.

AuldSoul

• under74
    under74

take a look at the "best of" section by Lady Lee here on JWD. I know you'll fing links and plenty of sources to back up the points you want to make.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Oh, and I would stay off the validity of the Bible for right now. Just claim "unsure whether it is or not." Don't fight with them on that one, you need to use the Bible to show them how it pictures false prophets, etc. You have to remember, to them your letter is a bombshell. They haven't even had time to absorb what you wrote, much less be able to take in that you now believe the Bible is not God's inspired Word (SATAN!! ). Just a suggestion. It sounds like you have a very good shot at waking this one fellow up.

AuldSoul

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Hope this page is a good starting point for you.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Thank you for that page!! I will have stuff to read and copy for the whole day!

Yes, that probably is the best thing to do, not to argue about the Bible right now. I know that when I started to doubt, I still beleived very strongly in that book...that part came later. So I'll not mention it the him again...but if *he* does I want to have something to say...or perhaps just change the subject...

• Scully
    Scully

If I remember correctly, AlanF did a thorough review of the Creation book, and found that so many of the sources were quoted out of context - in fact, the original quotes were twisted to make them sound like they were supporting the WTS's view when they really did not.

I'll see if I can locate it, or perhaps AlanF has it documented online.

If you want to deal with a "smaller" issue than the entire Creation book, here is another recent example of the WTS taking a quote from a Worldlyâ„¢ source and twisting it out of context to fit their warped point of view: Re: Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-27-05 WT Study (complete article)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit