Some pearls from John, Lennon that is

by Big Dog 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Wisdom from the Walrus:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain.

Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn't enough and you have to go and get shot or something.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me.

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law. It's nine-tenths of the problem.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip.

The more I see the less I know for sure.

You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!

You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I almost didn't read this I thought it was another bible thread! Glad I did, worthwhile things to think about.

Thanks,
    Sherry

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

BTTT

• under74
    under74

good thread BD....I sometimes think JL was over rated but he did say some very profound things.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Under74, the more I read about him the cooler he gets.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I miss John.

George too.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Robdar,

They were unique, I don't think we'll ever see anything quite like them again.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Very true Big Dog.

On December 8th it will be 25 years since Lennon left us.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Robdar,

Its like my Kennedy moment, I can remember it clear as day, I was sitting in my high school drafting class and the teacher would let us play the radio while we worked and I remember it coming on the radio that John had been shot and killed and the radio playing his and Beatles music non-stop for days.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I was recently married. I was in the kitchen making brownies and my husband was watching Monday Night Football. Howard Cosell told us. Mark David Chapman will rot in hell. The thing that upset me was when I went to the grocery store a couple of days later and the National Enquirer had a picture of John, who was quite dead and pale from blood loss, on the front cover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit