Anyone here ever attend the Assembly Hall in Holt Michigan?

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I spent the better part of my witness career going there twice a year.

Anyone familiar?

• Fleur
    Fleur

heck, yeah. Been there, done that. Went there as a small kid, then moved, then at the Detroit assembly hall then Belleville.

Wish I could have all those hours of my life back!

essie

• defd
    defd

I grew up in detroit mich. Not as a witness though. Maybe one of Yall knocked on my door back then?

D.

• morloc
    morloc

Yes, I attended there but that was before I was disfellowshiped a few months ago, Jeff. I attended the Holt Congregation Kingdom Hall, as well.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Morloc -

I remember driving down the road to the Assembly hall - and thinking that Holt must be the 'city of churches'. I wish I had stopped at one of them and learned something at that point. Instead I went ahead and got my semi-annual brainwashing.

Jeff

• Confession
    Confession

Yes, I lived in Michigan all my life--up until 3.5 months ago when I moved to SoCal. I can remember when the Holt Assembly Hall was built. Late 70s, wasn't it? Anyway, no matter where I lived in Michigan, that was where we went for Circuit Assemblies and Special Assembly Days.

I recall my dad pointing out a certain stone that had been laid in among the other stones in the exterior wall, right near the front entrance. Apparently it was a stone from Israel. Was that ever pointed out to anyone?

• a Christian
    a Christian

Jeff,

I live in Holt, just about half a mile from that Hall. I attended many a JW assembly at that hall. But that was a long time ago. I left the Dubs over 20 years ago. I was pretty much an agnostic for the next 7 or 8 years. I became a Christian in 1991. I now attend the Holt Nazarene Church just a stones throw from that JW assembly hall on Eifert Rd.

Mike

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yep, been there several times - even when it was used for the Memorial. Funny, we never heard any announcements about being "in the hole" while using the hall for the Memorial, unlike the typical assemblies.

Morloc, we should meet up sometime. PM me if you'd like. I too was df'd this last year in Feb. Who knows, we may have bumped into each other at one point.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Wow! I never so many people from Michigan were here. My mom became a JW while there. Does anyone remember a Mrs. Sleet? Not positive on the spelling. Had a son Tom, and a daughter Sandy..several others but I was young.. that is all I can remember. I know she has passed since, but that is who studied with my mom. 1970ish?

• Confession
    Confession

Fuzzy Memories of Holt, Michigan...

-Remember the little corner store on Eifert on the way to the AH? I think it was named, "Scottie's", no?

-Did you ever stay at the area hotels/motels? We usually stayed at the Ramada, on Pennsylvania, right across from Meijer.

-Okay, you're coming up Pennsylvania to Cedar and there's a stop light. As you're waiting to turn left toward the AH, you see straight ahead a "Mr. Taco." There is a huge Taco-Headed being on the sign sporting a cheesy mustache. Did the mental image of facial hair attached to the taco itself cause you to stay away like it did me?

-How many times did you almost pull into that trailer park, thinking it was the assembly hall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit