Mel's place

by peacefulpete 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Nice research peaceful pete - thankyou. How are you (BOTH) doing BTW?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I'd love to learn more about that Leolaia, any links by chance?

Stilljwexelder...My cup is still half full.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't have any real good links (aside from really outdated 19th century stuff), but the seminal papers are:

T. G. Pinches (1897). "Notes upon some of the recent discoveries in the realm of Assyriology," Journal of the Transactions of the Victoria Institute, 39: 45-89.

M. C. Astour (1966). "Political and cosmic symbolism in Genesis 14 and in its Babylonian sources," in A. Altmann (ed.), Biblical Motifs: Origins and Transformations (Cambridge: Harvard University Press), 65-112.

J. A. Emerton (1971a). "Some false clues in the study of Genesis XIV," Vetus Testamentum 21: 24-47.

----------. (1971b). "The riddle of Genesis 14," Vetus Testamentum 21: 403-39.

Andreasen, N-E. A. (1980). "Genesis 14 in its Near Eastern context," Scripture in Context (ed. by C. D. Evans, W. W. Hallo, and J. B. White). Pittsburgh: Pickwick Press, 59-77.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

OK next dumb question. You often refer to papers but just how does a person locate these? Astour's article was briefly commented on in one google result but it wasn't helpful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit