What's the upcoming special assembly all about?

by M.J. 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.

The following post is from Will Power:

Whoo hoo! I logged in! (but now I can't reply - so whats the use?_

I was wondering about all the "add on sales", the leather covers, personal engravings, leather pouches, bags.
    the more shit to the "ensemble" the more $piritual?

Anyone with AMWAY or MLM experience would already understand the importance of "self use"

and anyone able to teach this concept by example would be a valuable member of the sales team.

The heavier my REAL LEATHER brief case or book bag, the closer I am to REAL christianity. Is that how is works?

curious
    wp

p.s. SIMON - can't this be fixed??? thanks

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey! I saw one of those books at the last convention. To really fit in, M.J., you will have to send it to the printers to get a heavy plastic cover and cerlox bound. Also get yourself a five-color highlighter set from your local bible book store. You'll be set.

Yes, the outward trappings are very important to many J.W.'s.

"Keep Your Eye Simple"

What great advice, given the likelihood that anyone who actually uses the brain inside their skull would reject the Watchtower for the corporate child-exploiting and abusing cult that it is.

• M.J.
    M.J.

"Keep your eye simple"

Good advice. Except that they leave out this part: "...Just leave the complicated stuff to us, and we'll write a 5th grade level book to let you know what we've come up with."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Some Christians where a T-shirt that says "WWJD" = What Would Jesus Do?

Jw's need on that says "WWOGDOFFD?" = What Would Our Great Dead Oracle Fred Franz Do ?

That would be trippin'! They could where em to all assemblies!

Jeff

• forsharry
    forsharry

Wait til they get aload of my service bag!!! Think "sassy"!

ROFL! CYP

Just got a really strange visual image and proceed to spew hot tea all over my keyboard and work. Oh man did I need that. Go for the pink boa instead of the black...nothing says 'sassy' like the outer covering of a winged animal.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Oh man did I need that.

I am glad you liked it. It popped into my head as an afterthought. I figured maybe 3 or 4 at most might think it was funny, but hey, if just one person is amused at the expense of the wt it is worth if for me.

• magoo
    magoo

I can remember as a "simple publisher" having only the green, hard cover version of the New World Translation looking @ the " God appointed servants" having those beautiful black, soft ( easy to flip rapidly((to show you know the bible)) to the scripture being qouted @ the meeting,assemby, field service((( when they still qouted from the bible era)))...etc) with gold lettering on the cover, some even personalized with their very own name on them, wondering if I would ever be so chosen to have such a beautiful tool to help people see the " truth"......nah it would never happen.

magoo

• Scully
    Scully

There are two ongoing themes at all Circuit Assemblies and District Conventions for the last two decades (at least):

1. OBEY THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE and

2. GIVE US YOUR MONEY, THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE NEEDS IT Everything else is ear-tickling BS.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The current convention theme is available at ackack's site. Lot's of thanks go to this loving brother for keeping us all informed on these important matters:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit