Service Meeting for Week of October 17, 2005

by TheListener 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Song 36

10 min: Local Announcements. Using part 3 of the September 2005 Our Kingdom Ministry insert, review one or two points on how to make effective use of the Scriptures when conducting Bible studies.

15 min: Avoid the Dangers of teh Internet. A talk by an elder based on the December 8, 2004, Awake! pages 18-21.

20 min: "Show Personal Interest - By Being Kind." * Invite the audience to comment on how we can show kindness to others when sharing in the field ministry. Other aspects of showing personal interest in those to whom we preach will be considered in future issues of Our Kingdom Ministry.

Song 2 and concluding prayer.

* Limit introductory comments to less than a minute, and follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

You're going to go, right Listener? LOL! No comments invited from the audience on that "Dangers" part.

Ah well, I suppose I can go and make uninvited comments on that part.

AuldSoul

• TheListener
    TheListener

I may or may not be in attendance. I am trying to miss more and more meetings. Of course with every action there is an equal reaction.

This is the second internet dangers talk we've had in the past 8 months or so. The last one was something like the dangers of an electronic age - also a KM part.

The Listener is still recovering from last week's dub scare. If you're not familiar look through the "friends" thread list.

• avengers
    avengers
    15 min: Avoid the Dangers of teh Internet. A talk by an elder based on the December 8, 2004, Awake! pages 18-21.

I can say it's only right to avoid the dangers of the internet. I try to avoid them everyday; worms virusses, trojans and what more.

If it were those thing they were warning against I wouldn't have a problem, but they mean that you might meet the mean apostates like you
    bad people outthere. I know,,, I've met some of you. You have parties, have fun, care about each other. You feed me, give me beer,
    a good time. "Do not get involved with such bad people." They tell these things to our kids too so they shun us.

It's not about avoiding the "dangers of the internet", it's about splitting families, keeping prisoners in the dark.

I'll quit ranting.

Andy

• xjwms
    xjwms

I wish I knew who at our hall is giving that talk on the internet

Almost would go just to grin and grin.

Last talk, .... they have to tell em to be kind. Go figure

Thanks for putting this on Listener

• TheListener
    TheListener

xjwms, not just kind but specifically kind to those we're preaching to. We'll cover how to be kind to each other in the next couple months. roflmao!!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

We share a hall - Hell -

Anybody who studied beforehand knew the last item was about "KINDNESS".

The toddler who dealt with the first item came out with:

"Those of us who have studied for tonight's meeting will have the insert from the Kingdumb Misery with us."

Thus embarrassing those (like me) who were not given it because we don't do enough hours on the door to bore misery. (0 as a matter of fact - a conscience thing)

HB (of the "Hating Boredom" class)

• xjwms
    xjwms

Listener

LOL True true

All I know, is, ..... no kindness to me ... no one even preaches to meeeeeeeee

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Gosh danggit! And I almost had my parents talked into getting a laptop! now I s'pose they'll be all riled up again against the internet! Just another way to divide family members living miles apart, if they discourage them from having an email addy to send emails and photos! Well, some of them sure shop ebay alot, wonder if they're going to cut it out, lol?

• blondie
    blondie
    Invite the audience to comment on how we can show kindness to others when sharing in the field ministry.

Does this include being kind to the people in your car group not gossiping/stabbing them in the back when they at the door with another JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit