McFly are coming to visit...

by Jordan 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Jordan
    Jordan

Not sure if you americans know about them, but McFly are a british Pop band, and they're coming to visit where I work for a single signing tomorrow... Kinda cool, even though I actually dislike their music. It's a damn big deal for the store I work at...

http://www.mcflyofficial.com/news/index.php?id=915

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I hate them. They are awful. Whiny and pathetic. Im pleased you know better than to like them. Their only saving grace is that they do play guitars instead of dance.

• carla
    carla

Never heard of them. I thought it was going to be some kind of McDonald's joke!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

In the Back to the Future movies the last name of the lead char is McFly

Maybe thats where they got their name.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Sorry I never heard of them!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, I think it is where they got the name from... I've just gone down to the shop to pick something up, and all hell's breaking loose there, the manager's frantically trying to get the place organised and he's got staff member's out on the street giving out flyers, it's going to be such a disaster!

PaulJ, yeah, dude, I hate their music and they screwed up that cover of Pinball Wizard big time, but I gotta be nice to 'em, at least until I've got my autographs, they could get me a long way with one of the ladies I'm getting an autograph for...

• Legolas
    Legolas

Are they heavy metal or pop?

• Jordan
    Jordan

They're pop, their sound is like a watered down, even poppier version(if that's even possible) of bands like Sum 41 or Simple Plan.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I would describe them as Busted -Lite...and that certainly aint a compliment!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

They did get their name from the BTTF movies, so I read. Their target audience is probably 10-15 yr olds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit