IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Fewer wars and less deadly

by steve2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you, steve2, for putting individual tragedy in perspective. ESPECIALLY because of the Witnesses, I am on a tireless hunt for good news, too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Witnesses already have an aswer for this kind of media report:

It's called "Peace and Security"... more wars or peace, either way they win.

In fact, talk about peace means that the end is actually closer, not farther away, in the Witness way of seeing things.

• steve2
    steve2
    It's called "Peace and Security"... more wars or peace, either way they win.

Yes, they've been saying that, too, for literally decades. There's nothing quite like hedging your bets: You win either way. After the 1975 debacle, I remember hearing a talk by a CO who confidently asserted to the attentive audience that mankind was even then living in the time of "Peace and Security" - I think that was about the time the Vietnam War had just ended, and there seemed a lull in war-driven tragedy.

Recall, too, that usually the Watchtower quotes "statesmen", politicans and espeically "adulterous" religious clerics speaking in terms of peace and security. I suppose what would be different about the report referred to in this thread is that it is not premised on an overt commentary about "increasing" peace but decreasing frequency and severity of wars - a subtle but significant difference. I'm sure the JWs would steamroller over that difference in the blink of an eye. But those with a few active brain cells may finding the steam-rollering a less statisfactory response.

By the way, thanks Delthefunkyhomosapien for identifying the weblink for this report!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit