Most hated Rules and Regulations

by Bendrr 24 Replies latest jw friends

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Man, this really pissed me off. And you know it must have, starting a post off with the word "man". Anyways, i hated the forced conscience bs. i know this doesn't fit this post at all, and my apologies, but this just came to me.

I was skiing with my best friend and his family and then another witness family. Anyways, there was a special coming on tv, called "Street Magician's Secrets Revealed". I told my friend i wanted to watch it and it looked good, when the other family's mom blatantly told me,"We as Christians would not watch that. Magic is not acceptable." This was strike one.

A little later on, we were talking about dreams. I said I read somewhere that a certain dream was supposed to mean something you were subconsciously thinking. Again, i was reminded by her,"We do not interpret dreams as Jehovah's Witnesses." Strike two.

On the way home from the ski trip, she told a ghost story! i mean, what the hell? that was strike three, and i was pissed. Talk about having her head up her ass. I had to hold back my comment:"We as Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in ghosts, and therefore don't tell stories about them you fat bastard." heh heh heh.....

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• alamb
    alamb

Explanation for no 2-door cars: It was unchristian to drive something that would inconvenience other publishers in service by having them climb out of the back seat.

Some I recall:
    Can't pierce your ears because God didn't put holes in them in the first place.
    Couldn't chew gum at the hall.
    Couldn't wear sunglasses in field service because the householder wouldn't be able to see if your pupils were dilated and you might be stoned.
    We had to call Lucky Charms...Fortunate Trinkets.

• Francois
    Francois

Hmm: That was Bill Cosby that refered to growing "tiny little hairs, all over my face..." in a comedy album back in the late 60s. Man, you must be as old as me.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

"No motorcycles for dubs! (I knew this was "unofficial" when I saw a motorcycle in the parking lot at Watchtower farms, parked next to an old Ford Galaxie with a hot motor and dual exhaust)"

Hey, that bike might have belonged to my ol' table head at Brooklyn Bethel - Richard Dinsdale. He & his wife left Bethel, & I remember seeing some of stuff packed up & ready to ship out from 360 Furman St - including one BEAUTIFUL Harley.

--Michael

• JeffT
    JeffT

I did an interesting little exercize at our church one time. I was speaking to the high school group about what it was like to be a dub. So I start running off the list of no-no's.

If you're wearing blue jeans stand up.
    If you're female and wearing pants of any sort stand up.
    If your skirt is above the knee stand up.
    etc etc. I think I reeled off about a dozen of them. By the time I'm done about 90% of them are standing. (We go to a large church and there were about 300 in this group.) Then I say that if we were at the KH everybody standing would be talking to an elder after the meeting. Blew their minds, including the pastor who normally ran the service. He couldn't believe it would be expected to counsel kids for wearing blue jeans.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Michael3000, it wasn't a Harley I saw. Just a rice burner. But I can just imagine a V-twin's roar waking up the GB on a Sunday morning!
    mike.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Michael3000, it wasn't a Harley I saw. Just a rice burner. But I can just imagine a V-twin's roar waking up the GB on a Sunday morning!
    mike.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    That was Bill Cosby that refered to growing "tiny little hairs, all over my face..." in a comedy album back in the late 60s. Man, you must be as old as me.

Bill Cosby it is. I'm not quite that old, however. I remember listening to my parent's copy of Bill Cosby: Himself as a very young child. I was born after it was relased.

Congratulations Francois, you may redeem your points at the prize counter.

Hmmm

• mustbejoking
    mustbejoking

Guys

What is this "no 2 door car" thing? Was it USA only. It was never an issue in the UK - never heard of it! What's the reasoning behind it (I just know I'm gonna be sorry I asked) You open a door and tip the seat forward so someone can climb in the back eh? Or is it different in the US? Maybe tipping a seat is a cue for oral sex? I just dont get it?

Cheers

Mike

• mustbejoking
    mustbejoking

Minor correction here - when I said "I just dont get it" I was referring to the 2 door car nonsense rather than oral sex.

Although thinking about it ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit