Feeling sooo isolated.....

by Michelle5480 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

Hello to all, I was raised pretty much as a JW and became one of the super goodie two shoes type, you know......didnt even swear when I was alone.

Im now disfellowshipped and since I followed the guideline of not having friends outside the organization I now find myself completely alone, my friends are all JW's and none of them can talk to me. So now I feel lost....on another planet almost . The only person I really have is my boyfriend who has been really understanding even though he's not a JW and doesnt really understand the extent of the damage.

Has anyone else been there, and where do you go from here?

• twinflame
    twinflame

I'm so sorry Michelle. You have come to a good place for encouragement and you will find you are not alone.

• daystar
    daystar

{{{michelle}}}

I'm sorry to say that it could take some time, especially if you were raised in the "Truth".

When I left, I relied mainly upon my "worldly" friends. This helped, but none of them really understood what I was going through. I fought that battle alone. If I had found this board back then, I think things would have been different.

My suggestion: There are many, many people here who have gone through the sorts of things you have gone through and will go through. Use this forum. You may yet find ex-JWs in your area you may look to for support when you need it.

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

Thanks...I really appreciate it

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum! Everyone will be sorry to hear of your circumstances, of course, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of friends here. No replacement for in-the-flesh friends, but better than a congregation full of cold shoulders!

The first time I was DF'd, I felt like my world fell apart. I really, truly believed it was a punishment from Jehovah. I hated it, but I took it. Do you believe you are being punished by Jehovah? Or do you see DF'ing as an arrangement that men put together on their own?

If you venture out into what JW's call "the world", you'll find that it's chock full of people that would love to be your friend. "Worldly" people are not the monsters that JW's play them up to be. Most are kind, moral, reasonable people that you would happily call friends. And the best part is that if you ever decide you don't like their favorite flavor of ice cream, favorite episode of "Seinfeld", or even favorite church, THEY'LL STILL LIKE YOU!

Again, welcome.

Dave

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ahhh.. thats sad Michelle . You'll find nice friends here. You arent on another planet and things will get better for you. Just hang in there and post lots, okay?

GBL

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome!

There are many here who have gone through and are going through what you are, take heart and keep posting they can help you!

I am lucky, I and my family all got out, there is no one 'in'!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I left (20 yrs ago) there was no internet to help exJWs find new friends. I definitely was isolated in the way you were. The whole family were JWs and I too was the goody-2-shoes/elder's wife.

But the net is here and the isolation does not have to continue.

So... WELCOME

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    But the net is here and the isolation does not have to continue.

........and the WT organization is hating this with a purple passion.

No longer can they effectively isolate those they throw out from a support system that doesn't rely on their cold-hearted brand of love.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i know exactly how u feel, i got dfed in march and coz my family were so hurt pretended i wasnt with my boy friend anymore and went to all the meetings and so they could have hope that i was gonna get reinstated!

im dfed and still living for my family! my bf is still hiding and it is causing big problems so id say try and look on the bright side, if you have come clean about your bf then you two can concerntrate on being together without the hyprocisy of the religon,

i know tho it hurts like crazy to lose the whole life you have ever known, but this board is so supportive and i hope it helps you, what are your plans now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit