JW most violent in "friendly" sports?

by void 1 Replies latest jw friends

• void
    void

On another thread GetBusyLiving mentioned the following;

7. hate being cheap shotted by pansy's in witness sports

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/100024/1.ashx

I thought it might of been just local to my hall. But if you have ever played football with JWs I am sure you have bruses to show for it. I am quite tall, but as they are all a bit greedy they would ahve a huge game with young children and oler men joining (never women perhaps another issue) anyway, even though I am quite a big guy, over 6 feet. I would always ensure that I was no where near a child to hurt them in any way. If a child was going for a goal I would just let them, I have no pride when it comes to the protuection of children, even when i was an older teen.

But some of the Brothers were so rough that they would not only hurt eachother but you would always hear some child getting KOd. Even I have had a few cracked ribs from the POs brother (also an elder). Any complaint even by my mother was along the line " sure he is a big lad he can take it" not that I should have to take anything from a bastard.

I used to play with worldly people after the game, an I have never been intentionaly hurt. I have had a ball to the face a few times, but always an accident or me just getting in the way.

Why is "foul" not called when JWs play sport?

Why is the spirit of competition so high they would walk over children?

Why does the PO and his Brother actualy break my ribs, yet if I did the same I would have to here it from the platform?

• Jordan
    Jordan

Ah, thems the days, a good old fashioned JDub kickabout, only it's not the ball that gets kicked...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit