The bible has lost its validity...

by ADJUSTMENTS 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

100% agree, the more science and archeology discovers, the less relevant this book becomes by the day. 

Its barbaric, inaccurate, and full of stories stolen and plagiarized from older ideas/religions/myths.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with the picture you posted, ADJUSTMENTS.

For believers, the only rational way Genesis can be understood is as an allegory.   

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I don't waste my time when someone tell me, Adam was

the first man 6000-7000 years ago..LOL

• Simon
    Simon
    And also more games and funnier memes.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

“This knowledge is of divine origin; and it is from the Bible of the creation that man has learned it, and not from the stupid Bible of the church, that teaches man nothing.*

*The Bible-makers have undertaken to give us, in the first chapter of Genesis, an account of the creation; and in doing this they have demonstrated nothing but their ignorance…

Thomas Paine - The Age of Reason. From The Online Library of Liberty: The Writings of Thomas Paine, Volume IV, Page 192-193.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironically whats killing the belief in the bible is organized religion. 

Some of the knowledge about why the writings of the bible occurred as they did was to intensionally create power and relevance toward a certain select god of the ancient Hebrews and to offer answers to many unknowns of the world in which those ancient people lived in.

Christianity grew in popularity perhaps on the foundation from the fact that Jesus Christ was the best possible god imagined for humanity when this mythological belief was fist introduced and appeared in human history.  

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The bible has lost its validity..."

http://www.idlehearts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/never-lose-350x229.jpg

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS
    The bible was pretty much the Internet before the Internet of times long ago... Revised and updated every so often even up until today. It was one of a handful of sources for so called ( "accurate" ) information gathered together into one source. 
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

It's a book that is supposedly  the word of "god', yet has caused millions to suffer and die horrible deaths.

A treatise on self -masochism! That's what it's concocted to teach basically!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The enormous amount of scientific discoveries and knowledge has made the bible really what it is and that is mythological story telling comprised mostly of ignorance and an inherent endeavor to create relevance to supposed desired gods  . 

Is it any wonder certain religious cults want to curtail that knowledge since it ruins and makes the acquired power and control of those religious leaders weak and redundant. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit