Cost of my surgery

by littlerockguy 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

A couple of weeks ago I had a sebaceous cyst removed from my back; it was infected and almost the size of a baseball and went down to muscle. It got infected. It wasnt that big for a long time and I had to have it removed. I just received my bill today. I have excellent insurance but I am still going to request an itemized bill instead of just a generalized one since I think the price is ridiculously astronomical:

pharmacy 671.00

Med/surg supplies 277.72

Med/sur supp/sterile supply 7.72

Lab 295.00

OR services 2795.00

Anesthesia 220.50

Total 4266.95

I cannot for the life of me know what I had that they would charge 671 for "pharmacy". I have a $300 annual deductable I already paid and my insurance pays 90% but still 10% of 3,966.95 is till quite a bit as is the total just to have a cyst removed.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    . . . my insurance pays 90% but still 10% of 3,966.95 is till quite a bit as is the total just to have a cyst removed.

Maybe instead of thinking of it as "having a cyst removed," you should think of it as saving your life.

Then the bill might be easier to pay.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Nathan,

You are right. I shouldn't bitch about it. I just hate thinking that I have to pay close to $700 out of pocket (300 deductable, close to 400 what the insurance don't pay, plus $35 for surgeon's office visit and since I work in a clinic for doctors I see some of them and they dont charge me) when I have insurance. I just think that even though that is high I do think about all of those people out there who don't have health insurance what is going to happen to them. It doesn't take anything and then BOOM! you have this huge bill and now that the new bankrupsy law about to take effect people are going to lose everything they have since they will not be able to wipe their hospital bills away.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Maybe instead of thinking of it as "having a cyst removed," you should think of it as saving your life.

Just because someone saves your life, it does not give them the right to fck you in the ass.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

MY 'total protocolectomy' bowel removal cost $35,000 had a world class surgeon (not my pick luck) the surgical team removed 16 lbs of tissue that's as much mass as two full term babies.I have the brooke ileostomy (colostomy bag).

In support group out of 100 patients half who are adolescent (body image conscious) teenagers.Everbody loves their cure with it's ghastly disfigurement,because the disease is that f**ing bad.

Ulcerative colitis ate me up for 28 years mismanaged as a direct result of belief in Watchtower's bogus prophecy's of the new system cure any day.

Oh,i can now never get colon cancer,never fart and nobody can call me an asshole anymore cause i DON'T have one.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Danny you can still get gas..you'll just "Blow" you bag.lol..
    My Jw sil has one and she has to stir her soda to keep that from happening.

I am one of those that have no medical!!
    I and hubby had very good medical when we were working. Then my bank got bought out and they took retirement medical away from our bank as we were bought out by another bank and their retirees got to keep their retirement insurance. That sucked. I found out after I had retired.
    Welcome to retirement. They did let me keep cobra for 2 years I think it was. It was almost $600. a month.

Now hubby is gone and so is his retirement insurance! Tell me I didn't get screwed!

I have 1 and a half years till I get medicare..for all that's worth. Meantime I have to pay out of pocket for medical and medicine.

My brothers bill was over $100,000. when he went in to a LA hospital. He had no insurance and couldn't pay. They sent him a bill for probably a year..now they don't even bother. They figure what's the use?

I would encourage all working people to get their OWN health insurance instead of going through their work. Switch jobs or get laid off you are up the creek. If you get your own when you are younger it will stay more affordable when you are older.Or make sure if your company is bought out or merged that you will still be covered.Don't be shocked like I was when it was too late to get affordable health insurance.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I spent less than two days in a trauma unit when I was broadsided on my Harley by an 86 year old man who said he never saw me..... two years ago. (phew....long sentence)

My bill came to just under $17,000 dollars. What a ripoff! That didn't count what $ I lost from not being able to work or the ambulance bill I got for over $500.00

I don't blame the Doctors. I blame the MBA's who run the hospitals. I blame the federal, state and local governments. I blame the useless welfare recipiants who think they are entitled to everything that the working class has........and lo and behold........they get it! In fact......they get more and better treatment than those of us who work our asses off and pay high premiums out of the little take home pay that we get.

How much did you pay for your last prescription? How much did the useless welfare......unwed mom....with at least 3 kids......each with a different last name..........that is if the mom even knows who the father is......let alone the last name...........just watch Morry and see what I'm talking about.

Now before any of you bleeding hearts on this forum try to rip me a new orifice..........not all unwed moms are useless. I do believe there are those who deserve the welfare and medical to a certain extent......but not forever. Some moms have been abandoned by useless fathers who only want to satisfy themselves. They should be caught and castrated so as to prevent anymore of the working class from paying for their fun.

I better stop my rant now. This entire subject makes my urine mad.

HappyDad

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Gotta agree with you there Happy Dad. Snoozy..aka..Golden Girl

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Here here, happy dad.

I get so irritated when I see the people who are on welfare that I am supporting (via taxes) making more money than I do at a full time government job!!

• nowuask
    nowuask

If u think that is bad. I shattered my wrist; cost $27,000.00 & i had no insurance!! Still paying, have not won the lottery yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit