Ever have anyone famous visit your kh?

by tall penguin 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

All the talk about Prince made me think about what it's like when a famous person comes to the kh. About 2 years ago, Terence Howard was in Toronto filming a movie and attended our kh. He actually studied with 2 elders while he was here. Apparently, he has jw family. Anyhow, I got to meet him, not knowing who he was at the time. Very nice. Beautiful eyes.
    Most of the people in our congregation didn't know who he was so it was all very low-key. But I heard that when he attended the DC he got swarmed by young sisters looking for autographs!
    Terence Howard, is an actor by the way. His first major role was as Russ, the football player who learned to play drums, in Mr. Holland's Opus. Recently, he was in Ray, Hustle and Flow, and Four Brothers.
    Not really famous, but I knew a brother who acted for a living. He did commercials and did one episode of a TV show. But in that show he played a character that attended a birthday party. The elders put him on reproof for it and cast a shadow on his acting dreams. Anyhow, he gave up acting and he's at Bethel now. What a waste!
    tp

• luna2
    luna2

Nobody famous came to either of the two KH's I attended...although, at my first KH in IL they sure treated the CO like he was a rock star.

• Es
    Es

We had the Serena Sisters visit the neighbouring congo while they were down here playing tennis

es

• Purza
    Purza

We had Fred Franz visit the hall once. Guess you could consider him a JW celebrity -- or at least he was treated like one.

Purza

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i'm not famous yet, but i used to go to my old KH.

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Nobody famous came to either of the two KH's I attended...although, at my first KH in IL they sure treated the CO like he was a rock star.

Lol. I just had an image of one of the COs that came to our congo, of him with long hair, snorting coke, with a load of groupies... Ha ha. Brilliant.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Terence Howard, is an actor by the way. His first major role was as Russ, the football player who learned to play drums, in Mr. Holland's Opus. Recently, he was in Ray, Hustle and Flow, and Four Brothers.

Yes! I like him. I was wondering who you were talking about.

Back in the 60's, there was a local celebrity named Buddy Webber. He was a radio and television personality and had a morning talk show in Seattle, very popular. His wife was a JW and he became one too, and eventually he became an elder. He gave a talk at our KH once. That's as close as we got.

A white sister in another congregation married Ella Fitzgerald's son, Ray Brown, back in the 70's (he was a JW then, but isn't now). It wasn't our KH, but the wedding was enormous, because everyone wanted to see and meet Ella. We didn't go because we didn't know the couple, but that didn't stop hundreds who did go. It was my mother's congregation, and she wanted to go but hates crowds so didn't go. Ella was there and supportive of her son being a JW, or so I heard.

• Honesty
    Honesty

A couple of SMURFS showed up at my first KH once and really caused a stir. I wasn't at the meeting that night.

• calico
    calico

George Bensen!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Michael Jackson. When he went out in service, the witness child who was at the door with her mother and Michael, she kept telling people who he was, so his disguise didn't help much. So they sent her to work across the street and she still did it, only very loudly so the whole neighborhood could hear. This was during The Victory tour. I wasn't there, but people took pictures of it all and told funny tales.

In Houston, the drummer and one of the other members of Archie Bell and the Drells attended our hall and were members. Very, very handsome men they were. This was in 79-80.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit