No Children

by joelbear 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joelbear
    joelbear

My mother made an interesting observation this morning. She said there were not as many kids in the congos as there used to be. Lots of single sisters but not many single brothers to marry.

If true and widespread, this could create a huge sociological shift in the make up of witness congos.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

You hit on a real symptom in long-developed JW countries.

IMO its not the lack of 'mating males' that is causing the absense of youth -- its the awareness of JW youth at a younger age that the religion is a crock.

There are very few kids "in the truth" even if they were raised a JW.

Less JW kids are getting baptised, which is ironic because most baptisms are JW kids. Do the math...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In my last hall there were more single sisters™ than you could shake a stick at but only 3 eligible males, all of which were visibly retarded. To top it off the elders were, from the platform, discouraging single people from visiting other congregations in search of mates, as well as talking about the "wonderful gift of singleness".

Very few new converts, few suitable potential mates, and many who decide to remain childless because they want to put "kingdom interests first". And they wonder why they have no growth.

W

• under74
    under74

That sounds pretty true. I haven't been in the KH since the early 90s but from what I remember over and over is there'd be some study guy totally nasty looking and stupid as hell (some with criminal records) come to a Tuesday meeting and women would be all over them. Altough the "poor" families (mine included) were avoided like the plague.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    That sounds pretty true. I haven't been in the KH since the early 90s but from what I remember over and over is there'd be some study guy totally nasty looking and stupid as hell (some with criminal records) come to a Tuesday meeting and women would be all over them. Altough the "poor" families (mine included) were avoided like the plague.

That sounds like me in the 80s, minus, of course, the "stupid as hell" part. The women were all over me too, until they decided I was too poor for them. Then I was avoided like the plague too. W

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was born JW 1957 left 1992 still a virgin at 33 y.o. had a hidden medical disability (brutal ulcerative colitis colostomy bag impotence risk) i was also a good looking guy with a body like a male stripper.I was eaten alive by dog-eat-dog brothers eaten up with f**ing jealousy cause i was single.

Give me a break man!

• under74
    under74
    That sounds like me in the 80s, minus, of course, the "stupid as hell" part. The women were all over me too, until they decided I was too poor for them. Then I was avoided like the plague too.

I remember it in the 80s too. I'm actually thankful because I never wanted to be like them after seeing it... I think I was around 11 when I saw and was able to register the love bombing. I was repulsed by the guy brought in by a pioneer....he kept staring at me and other little girls...but the single sisters loved him. I don't know if this guy is a child molester but I know that at 11 I didn't want to shake his hand and even tried to hide behind my mom so he'd stop looking at me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit