Pictures of Paradise

by gringojj 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Finally-Free....Unfortunately the animals themselves do not have everlasting life. So I guess it makes sense to rent them since it is a huge waste of money to buy an animal if it is just going to die on you immediately after buying it (relatively speaking, since 20 years is an eyeblink compared to eternity; you'd have to buy trillions of horses just during the first brief moment of eternity). But your own two feet, well those are eternal...they'll last.

But is there money in the new world? I thought all "materialistic" things would be done away with, or was there a 5 cent surcharge on each fruit in the Garden of Eden?

Legolas...A BBQ apostofest sounds dandy in the new order. Just stay low and loyal for now, so we can make it into the new system....we'll have our apostofest after the 1,000 years during the "test"....let's slaughter ourselves some pigs, cows, and whatever else we can find....and eat ourselves a real BBQ; a thousand years without meat is an awfully long time. I'm sure Jehovah won't mind us apostates breaking one of his rules on not eating certain things in his restored Paradise of Eden....he'll understand, right? He wouldn't get testy with us and kick us out of the restored paradise into some nasty lake of fire.....nah. Can I invite Gog of Magog to the post-millenium apostofest BBQ?

• luna2
    luna2

We should be able to have beer and wine with our fruit and vegi BBQs (even before the big ApostaBBQ at the end there). Alcoholic beverages are approved by Jah, Jesus and Judge Rutherford.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ok you invite Gog of Magog and I will invite the Balrog, a demon of the deep!

Hosted by Tinypic.com

Hosted by Tinypic.com

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Alcoholic beverages are approved by Jah, Jesus and Judge Rutherford.

LMAO!!!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

y'all are silly. there was an article in the early 60's that explained this completely.

on special days of the year there would be appliance raising festivals where people would gather and build whatever appliances where needed by the world. toaster day, icemaker day, vacuum cleaner day, etc.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Unfortunately the animals themselves do not have everlasting life.

Maybe I can cut a deal with Jehover to extend the lives of my animals. I can slip him a few bucks - oops, no money! Maybe if I sacrifice some of the sea turtle eggs to him...

But is there money in the new world? I thought all "materialistic" things would be done away with, or was there a 5 cent surcharge on each fruit in the Garden of Eden?

Of course there was a surcharge!!! What do you think all this is about? Satan was pissed off that he wasn't getting a piece of the action, so he used Eve to muscle in on Jehovah's fruit!

W

• gringojj
    gringojj

Joelbear where was that article?

• TD
    TD
    ther's plenty of enviromentaly friendly technology that could be used , we had a tv show that showed how to have hot water, electricity , refridgeration , all oil free , it was called the science shack.

I'm a fan of Adam Hart-Davis and The Science Shack and love environmentally friendly technologies.

The problem with any technology though is that it "sits" right smack on top of other technologies. We've gotten to where we are today by slowly building each technology on top of another layer by layer.

Take the solar panels on my roof for example. They're constructed basically of stainless steel and copper tubing with some sort of high-tech material joining the two for heat conduction.

Even if we consider just the copper alone, it has to be mined. Good quality copper ore yields copper at about a 1 to 500 ratio (1kg copper / 500kg ore) The ore has to be blasted into large chunks, hauled to a machine where it is mechanically broken into smaller pieces, which are then ground into powder by another machine. The powder is mixed with paraffin oil and then dumped into an aerated vat of water. Skimming this vat yields concentrated ore which then goes into a furnace where the heat drives off some of the sulphur (as sulphur dioxide) It's now mixed with flux and smelted in another furnace. This gives you a mixture of copper sulphide and iron sulphide. The iron sulphide can be separated by oxidation, leaving you 98% pure copper, but this is still not pure enough to use. The final step, which gives 99.99% pure copper that we can use in tubing and pipe, is called anode casting. This is just electrolysis in a bath of copper sulphate solution, but it's done on a large scale.

None of this is enviromentally friendly and it takes a huge amount of electricity and machinery, which are themselves the product of many other industries. --Raw materials in the form of chromium and molybdenum for bearings, iron for frames, steel for shafts and gears, aluminum for housings, rubber and plastics for conveyors, and even more machinery, because it takes machinery to make machinery.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Wait a minute...sounds like technology, technical infrastructure and commerce is what shaped the JW image of paradise in the first place.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Once upon a time....

I was told that the world will be filled with many rivers.

So your means of travel will be with boats and anything that floats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit