WILLIE THOMPKINS - Murderer and a JW

by Kent 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent
    THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, Appellee, v. WILLIE THOMPKINS, Appellant.

Opinion filed June 15, 2000.

JUSTICE BILANDIC delivered the opinion of the court:

This opinion supplements our earlier opinion of People v. Thompkins, 181 Ill. 2d 1 (1998) (Thompkins III).

The defendant, Willie Thompkins, was convicted in the circuit court of Cook County of the 1980 murders of two individuals and sentenced to death. On direct appeal, this court affirmed defendant's convictions and death sentence. People v. Thompkins, 121 Ill. 2d 401 (1988) (Thompkins I).

. . .

When the sentencing hearing was reconvened on July 1, 1982, the circuit court acknowledged receipt of a presentence investigation report and tendered copies to defense counsel and the State. The four-page report contained the following information about defendant: he was born on October 20, 1949; he attended three years of high school and completed his general equivalency diploma in 1972; he was enlisted in the army in 1967; he was currently unemployed but had worked as a paramedic and medical assistant in the past; he was married with four children; he lived in Markham in his own home; he was a Jehovah's Witness; he enjoyed family sports; he suffered from a rare lung disease; he was of sound mind and had no problems with alcohol or drugs; and he had a good childhood. The report also reiterated defendant's criminal background.

The rest can be found here:

http://www.state.il.us/court/Opinions/SupremeCourt/2000/June/Opinions/HTML/80673.htm

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• anewperson
    anewperson

There's lots more of this than most realize. For example a recent incident was where a former Bethelite murdered another JW over a girl. It's in another thread here.

Also there was a JW pedophile involved with the Marc Dutroux serial murders of kids in Europe. He wanted to kept his pedophilia secret. They'll murder to keep it hushed up.

And isn't there a man saying his kids, two boys I think, were murdered to hush up JW pedophilia. So where does this stuff end?

• Kent
    Kent

Marc Dutroux himself grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, and he was - as you know, the main man in the pedophilia-ring, where government officials, politicals and police-officials were involved.

I am extremely interested in any refferences to such cases - and I want to keep my pages on The Watchtower Observer as updated as possible.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit