Black vs white families - do they treat DF'ing differently?

by JustTickledPink 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I know of someone that is a disfellowshipped black JW that has been DF'd for 11 years. Anyways, found out his mother never shunned him. Never quit associating with him, never gave him a hard time, nothing. She's a devout practising JW and just never bought into abandoning her children.

He said that it was different in the black community, he said the black families were much closer and didn't let the organization come between them and their families like the white families.

I never really thought about it but I do remember a few families with wordly kids and they always had them around for dinners, etc. Do you think it's any different? I think about the South American latin families and how close they are .... I can't imagine shunning actually being practised by some of those families.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I don't know it for a fact but... the black brothers and sisters always had their unbelieving family members over all the time.

Could it be that the WTBTS hierarchy is predominately caucazoid?

Only Crooklyn knows for sure.

Thay can be contacted at 718-560-5000

• lawrence
    lawrence

Honesty-

I called that number and got 'Wendy's Massage Parlor.' Is that the correct number?

• Chia
    Chia

Not in my case. I'm not even DFed and my mom still shuns me. She's hardcore. There are no generalizations. It all depends.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Ted must have had call-forwarding on.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I called that number and got 'Wendy's Massage Parlor.' Is that the correct number?

Yes, she's running a special this week called, Tickling Their Faithful Ears so the WT could concentrate on acquiring more converts to replace the many who have defected in recent months.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Pink,

Thats an excellent point. I have never thought about how different cultures must treat disfellowshipping totally differently. I havent observed any disfellowshippings in latin families, but in the black families I saw this happen to, there was not nearly the amount of nastiness that the white families showed to their DFd relatives. But thinking back, this sounds kind of weird, but even though my hall was about 50/50 white/black, I would say 90% of the DFings were to white people!! weird.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit