Well dog gone, I logged on!!!!!

by James Mixon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Now what???? ..
  • tiki
    tiki

my sentiment as well........guess we have to get with the program!!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Hey, it's not bad once you get used to it.  Just head to the Active Topics button up top and use the Next button once you've reached the bottom of the list.  :D
  • happy@last
    happy@last
    Welcome, tell us a bit about yourself, what brings you here?
  • blondie
    blondie

My sentiment precisely.  I finally logged on with my old name and password.  I have before and been pushed off.  I can even post.  I am too old for this; bad enough they have redesigned 5 programs at work and we had to test them and help write them and try to use them. Now we are in the 21st century so to speak.  Next one up is a finance/purchase program for a whole state government which has been a hodgepodge of separate fixes.  I don't anticipate a good beginning.

Will there be any directions for the new JWN or will it be trial error.  Can I learn from you'all's errors? 

• Simon
    Simon

I can understand you feeling aggrieved if the changes here have coincided with other major changes in the systems you work with. You can't blame me for those though! ;)

Will there be any directions for the new JWN or will it be trial error.

Hopefully, things will be intuitive enough - I'm aiming for "works like most modern sites" but I think some help or instructions would be useful. You've already figured out signing in and posting, there really isn't a whole lot more to it although there are some tips of how to us navigate the site effectively that would be useful to share.

I haven't decided if that should be in the form of video, text / read-me's or pop-up guidance.

• talesin
    talesin

I don't know if you are a new member of the forum, or are having a new screen name because of the 'Reformation'.

JUST KIDDING SIMON!  ahahaha 

It's not a reformation - the forum owner just switched over to the new forum / format into which he has been putting a lot of work (and a nod to all others, esp. Angh and the rest of the family).  So, if you are new, that is why you may be puzzled by some of the comments.  It is still in the tweaking process.  In that case, Welcome!

If you are 'old' (okay, JUST KIDDING again) ........ Welcome!

Put your feet up, set a spell, and read / join in the conversations / debates.  This is a positive place, and gets heated at times, but no flame wars like you see in other places.

You can learn a lot about many things JW and nonJW, get to know other folks' stories and come to know that you are not alone (that is a great feeling).  There are lots of theoretical and scientific discussions, and jokes and fun, too.  

Be internet savvy, and share less that you are inclined to share, be cautious.  If you have problems, contact Simon or a moderator.  

and, if you are 'old' , then hey, glad you made it!  :D

Hope this was helpful for any lurkers or new members.  

xx

talesin  :sunglasses:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit