out of the mouth of babes- this is a scary religion

by jwfacts 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have a 13 year old stepdaughter. I want her to know the truth about the WTS, but have to tread carefully as she is a stepdaughter. Anyway it heartened me the other day when she came home complainig about the Witnesses, calling it a "Scary Religion".

She obviously knows i dont go to any meetings, and has overheard conversations i have had about the org to my parents, but what got to her is how people are treated within the organisation. Her bible study conductor started to find out the truth about the history of the Witnesses and some of the doctrines, and was disfellowshipped within one month of starting to have doubts. My daughter was really upset at how this sister was treated.

On top of that she is seeing the hypocrisy of a lot of the young witnesses her age, acting really good at the meetings, and being totally different at school.

Without having to interfere in her decision i am feeling confident that she will never be a JW. Young people can be so observant.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

jwfacts,

It was around this same age that I began realizing the JW "actions" didn't fit the teachings. The behavior within my JW school "friends" was worse than some of my worldly Friends. When I got to high school, I realized how off the mark it was and was embarrassed to call them "friends" at school. Some of them I didn't even acknowledge if I saw them at lunch or in the hallways. I didn't want my worldly friends to know that I knew them. Haha! I saw my father shunned so many times and he was neither DFed or DAed. He was "spiritually weak". In my young mind, if someone was weak, weren't the strong ones supposed to reach out and help them? You're right: young people are very observant...and matter of fact. They see through BS and call it. (Remember the Emperor's new clothes?)

I did eventually get baptized because I was looking for some major approval from my parents. I had learned early what to say to really make them believe me. It still amazes me how early a child can learn to be deceitful to gain approval...especially with authority figures or peer pressure. Knowing what I know now, I wish I'd never gotten baptized. I could at least have better ties with my parents and siblings without too much repercussion.

Andi

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think it is very sad to see teenagers baptised. Even when i was going to meetings i was telling my kids that there is no rush to get baptised. I have an 18 year old step son and am glad to say he has not been baptised. He is just starting to realise it is not truth, and can move on without repercussions. It is such a huge decision, in the most out of control time of life, to say you will devote yourself for life to an organisation. Whenever someone talks about baptism i just ask "What age did Jesus get baptised?"

• Honesty
    Honesty

I wish you guys were around here to talk with my 13 year-old stepdaughter, wherever her mother has her and my son hidden to keep me from sharing real truth with them. You are so right about kids knowing BS when they see it. Junction_Guy and his wife have picketed the hall my stepdaughter is in and tell me that she looks miserable as her brainwashed spiritually strong mom drags her by the hand into Satan's synagogue the Kingdom Hall. At least the young JW's have the information available to figure out the WT lies and deception.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Paranoia playbook http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/88858/1.ashx During the 1960's we had K.Hall service meeting skits on how to endure rape torture and plunder and lessons on drinking my own urine in the concentration camps during the final assult of 'gog of magog'."Cuban dictator Castro wrapped two of our faithful bro's in barbed wire, and buried them alive in a vat of wet cement." Would i as an 8 year old be as strong for Jehover?

http://www.voccoquan.com/brightwell/jehovah.htm More on Jehovah's Witnesses 'n da "birds".

Watchtower leader Fred Franz sez: "..there 'r seven birds for every human. We use to play kiddie games and the penalty for losers was-"Jehover's birds will pick your eyes out" What a wicked diety.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Children don't like to be bible bashed, so i cant say much to her without annoying her. But it is interesting what pricks up my daughters ears. She saw me doing research on Pastor Russell and asked who he was. Is said the person that started the Witnesses. She said 'but i was told there were always Witnesses'. So i briefly explained that Russell was another religion that he didn't like so he started a new one, which shocked her. So i added that just because she hears something from a Watchtower doesnt mean it is true, and it is worth finding out what other people like her school friends also believe. I saw a very fast change in her attitude toward meetings after that.

I was raised to have a totally unquestioning attitude to the Watchtower, and didnt think once that it may lie, or misquote, or be biased until i was almost 30. If you can let your daughter realise that it is acceptable to research and question at 13 it will make a huge difference to how easily she can avoid the indoctrination.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Religious Schools Are a Big Source of Discipline
    AllAfrica.com, Africa - 1 hour ago
    ... Brooks Mucunguzi, a Jehovah 's Witness formerly in Kibuli has a different story to tell. He says he had to quit the school because of excessive canning. ...

Canning is flogging (beatings)

growing up JW as a two year old trying to sit still through 2 hours of cult indoctrination on a below freezing late night "meetings meant beatings"

Then go to school the next morning and more beatings in the playground for being a devil worshiping jeover

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh my kids know something is wrong in jwland

my daughter once told my father that he need to have more fun at church

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit