Request for help

by CPiolo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Hello All:

My wife recently began therapy. Her therapist is unaware of just what type of religion the WT is (high-control group). She even suggested we attend a neutral non-denominational church as a compromise.

I am to speak with her therapist regarding this in the near future and wanted to refer the therapist to a peer who has experience in this area so that my wife's therapist does not have to rely on my unbiased opinion and has the resources to evaluate just how and how much my wife's involvement with JWs is effecting her psychological/emotional well-being, and how best to treat her.

If anyone knows of an experienced professional psychologist (preferably a Ph.D. and preferably in the Southern California area, but anywhere in the world would be fine), could they please e-mail me with the name of the person and their contact information.

Thanks in advance,

CPiolo

P.S. My e-mail address is: [email protected]

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Hiya C,

Sorry don't know of anyone, but I just wanted to say "WHOO-HOOO!!!"

Keeping my fingers crossed and sending best wishes your way.

Michelle

• Maximus
    Maximus

I'll be delighted to share information with you!

I'm so very, very happy for you. Hope others will respond too.

Max

• sf
    sf

My therapist was not too familiar either. I gave her a copy of Freeminds journal and wrote down a few websites for her to review, along with the WTBTS website and some forums.

I also encouraged her to engage them next time they are at HER door.
    And I also told her I ould most likely not be her last exjw/jw patient. She took my advice. hahahaha go figure

Sincerely, sKally

• gsark
    gsark

Any and all professional therapists should know the WT stand regarding rape and molestation victims, because really nothing gives a look into the psychologically abusive mind control of an org such as this---their views on women and children.

Especially the post somewhere on this board that lists the three things elders look for when deciding if a molester has 'recovered'.

Also the WT view on women not wearing pants, submission to husband, the parts they are 'allowed' to play in the ministry school, etc.

Most therapists aren't willing to sit down and read a whole book like C of C (but you never know) but maybe 2 or 3 typewritten pages, with your sources on the last page. I did this myself a while back, wish I could find it. It's succinct enough most persons would be willing to read it, and maybe keep it or pass it on.

I wish you and your wife the best. You will be in my prayers tonight.

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Michelle:

Hello and thanks for the good wishes. I've already seen improvement after just a couple of sessions. Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues.

Max:

I got your e-mail. As my father always used to say: "You're a gentleman and a scholar."

sf and gsark:

Thanks for the kind replies.

CPiolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit