DIETS: What works for you?

by anewme 9 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

No carbs? No fat? No carbs nor fat? Exercise only? Cereal 3X daily? Boullion only? How about that guy---3 subway sandwiches a day!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I try and cut refined foods only. White flour, sugar etc. Nice healthy nutrious foods as close to the natural state as possible.

Dams

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I eat seven small meals a day and always get at least 45 mins of some exercise in.

GBL

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

If it tastes good, spit it out.

That's it, that's the list.

• damselfly
    damselfly

And I eat extra protein so I don't feel hungry.

Dams ~ who doesn't exercise at all.

• kls
    kls
    If it tastes good, spit it out.

Confusedjw,,,,,,,,,,ROTFL,,,,,,,,,That's about it,,,,,,,,I must remember that Gawd , Confused , you have me laughing with tears,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well I'm looking for Harry Potter's wand!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

No refined food at all. No coffee, alcohol, or other stimuants as they put stress on the liver.

No sugar free drinks because aspartame taxes your liver and makes it harder for it to work effectively.

Lots of veg, salad, and grains. Ideally you need a mix of grains in the week - brown rice, oats, barley, maybe a mix of some others if you can get them. Oily fish (omega 3 oil in Mackerel, Sardines, Salmon).

And exercise.

Have tried Atkins and it works, but has limited use - makes you smelly and constipated, and is pretty unbalanced.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Regular exercise (running) and a balanced diet.

I also avoid drinks with a lot of sugar such as soft drinks.

• talesin
    talesin

What katiekitten said,

I'll add,, eat legumes,, beans, lentils for protein. And check out non-animal protein. Tofu is great, and good for ya.

No packaged food, never, never, never (well, rarely). "PRESERVATIVES" hello!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit